Saturday NCAA open practices at Hilton

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
Just as a reminder, per NCAA guidelines, all four tournament teams in Ames this weekend will conduct open Saturday practices at Hilton, and they are free to the public!

Schedule:

Virginia: 12 noon - 1 pm

Green Bay: 1:05 pm - 2:05 pm

ISU: 2:10 pm - 3:10 pm (may be shorter)

Lehigh: 3:15 pm - 4:15 pm

BenEClone

Mar 21, 2006
Lincoln, Ne
Good info, I'd love to see a practice but, we won't get into town until Sunday. If you find out about Monday practice, please let us know.

ISUKyro

Oct 28, 2006
Houston, TX
Are there any rules about 10,000+ cyclone fans showing up and really disrupting the other teams practices? :wink:

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Are there any rules about 10,000+ cyclone fans showing up and really disrupting the other teams practices? :wink:

I know this is somewhat in jest, but I'll bet that they would be quick to eject anyone who is interfering with a practice. The NCAA would also take it as a black eye to the school when considered for hosting future tournament games.

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
I know this is somewhat in jest, but I'll bet that they would be quick to eject anyone who is interfering with a practice. The NCAA would also take it as a black eye to the school when considered for hosting future tournament games.

Just an FYI - these open practices are really just to get used to Hilton and are kinda perfunctory. All teams have other practices, either in private in Hilton or in gyms elsewhere in central Iowa, to go over their gameplans vs. their opponents.

CRAZYGREG

Feb 29, 2008
Des Moines
yeah at WF 2 years ago it was not a "practice" It was a shoot around. No game planning just guards at one end shooting threes and posts at the other working on post moves.

Reactions: HiltonMagic

HiltonMagic

Apr 12, 2006
CA
Visit site
Just an FYI - these open practices are really just to get used to Hilton and are kinda perfunctory. All teams have other practices, either in private in Hilton or in gyms elsewhere in central Iowa, to go over their gameplans vs. their opponents.

This. Quite often they won't actually 'practice', they'll just shoot around.

twistedredbird

Apr 26, 2008
Midwest
there were a couple hundred people there I would say. I was actually surprised to see as many there as I did. ISU used the full time allotment.

Lwalker33

Mar 20, 2010
I counted just above 200 people and couldn't see the southwest corner of the stands.
The ladies shot around for the first 10 minutes, then split off into two groups. Genesis, Chelsea, Anna and Zim worked on post moves and mid-range shots on one end, while the rest of the team shot 3's and mid-range shots on the other end. That was probably another 15 minutes.
Then the entire team went through offensive plays (no defenders). Running plays with Lacey & Whit from midcourt and also running inbounds plays from the baseline and sideline.
The last 7-8 minutes was also general shoot around.

Help Support Us

Become a patron