Rome To Discuss Conference Expansion

helechopper

Loyal Son Forever True
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2006
Chicago
He did mention that he'd talk about the teams that would be "left behind" in the BigXII, mentioning Iowa State by name.

QuickQuestion

Jan 2, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
He did mention that he'd talk about the teams that would be "left behind" in the BigXII, mentioning Iowa State by name.

Wouldn't get real excited about that segment, I've heard him mention ISU before, needless to say it wasn't a red-letter day. He does not think highly of Ames or Iowa State in general.

LutherClone

Dec 15, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Wouldn't get real excited about that segment, I've heard him mention ISU before, needless to say it wasn't a red-letter day. He does not think highly of Ames or Iowa State in general.

Question: Has he been to Ames for any length of time?

Probably not. And this is east coast smuggness.

CycloneJames

Dec 1, 2009
Ankeny

Why does he not like Iowa State? Has he ever had any real encounter with Ames or Iowa State?

I know he also doesn't like Iowa, what is his reasoning for that? Someone poop in his hotel room bed when he said in Iowa or something?

DRCHIRO

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 13, 2008
Why does he not like Iowa State? Has he ever had any real encounter with Ames or Iowa State?

I know he also doesn't like Iowa, what is his reasoning for that? Someone poop in his hotel room bed when he said in Iowa or something?[/QUOTE]

Ferentz wouldn't go on his show because Rome is a world class a hole.

sunnysideup

Aug 6, 2009
The Metro

I know he also doesn't like Iowa, what is his reasoning for that? Someone poop in his hotel room bed when he said in Iowa or something?

He doesn't like the Hoks because back in 2002 in between the end of the season and the Orange Bowl Jim asked Kirk for an interview and Kirk turned it down. Ever since then Rome takes whatever shots he can at the Iowa program and Kirk.

helechopper

Loyal Son Forever True
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2006
Chicago

KF refused an interview with him back int he day...I think Iowa's Orange Bowl year. Since then, he's been the first to hammer on Iowa at every opportunity.

As far as ISU is concerned, Rome probably doesn't have much respect for a team that hasn't really made any noise in the national spotlight. Add to that his love for all things SoCal and you have your answer.

QuickQuestion

Jan 2, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Tell you what, I've now listened to every part of his show. God awful, he has talked about sports, in general, for about 40 seconds in comparison to 30 minutes of dribble about some nonsense callers and listeners.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron