Robert Jones, Tre King and Hason Ward Appreciation Thread

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
Individually each had gaps, but taken together, it was high-impact this season.

Rob's development since his ISU Y1 was remarkable.

I'm curious where fans would rank the 3 as a frontcourt unit in recent ISU history (40-ish years). I realize it isn't easy to compare since modern game is more guard-wing oriented and all 3 weren't "starters" (but rotation minutes they pretty much were a F-F-C 'starting' combo.)

Reactions: t-noah and nrg4isu

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
I feel like Tre and Ward weren't here very long but were very integral to our success this year.

BRE on the other hand has gone from a guy who induced panic everytime I saw him at the scorers table to a very good Big 12 post player. He'll be missed for sure. He ended up as one of my favorite players to wear a Cyclone uniform, 100% pure work ethic and intangibles.

Klubber

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Aurora, IL
I feel like Tre and Ward weren't here very long but were very integral to our success this year.

BRE on the other hand has gone from a guy who induced panic everytime I saw him at the scorers table to a very good Big 12 post player. He'll be missed for sure. He ended up as one of my favorite players to wear a Cyclone uniform, 100% pure work ethic and intangibles.
BRE's a really bright guy with a high hoops IQ. And he used that and hard work to become a really solid post player in the best college basketball conference.

I always related to him because my hoops coaches growing up always preached doing the dirty type work that Rob thrived at. And that was my approach as a player without exceptional scoring ability.

He's one tough dude and a great leader. He will be missed in the locker room and on the court for sure.

ClonerJams

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 26, 2022

Tre has actually been here a while. He just got a raw deal from the NCAA.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron