Report: KU's Billy Preston Signed with Bosnian Pro team

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX
Did I just hear "Trae Young would have a hard time scoring against Carson Edwards" ?#@??
Guess they gotta keep their audience entertained in this blowout

JusHappy2BeHere

Jan 22, 2013
Houston, TX
So many teams just crap themselves in the last 3 minutes at the Phog.

LeConte missed 4 straight open shots in the last 4 minutes and that is on him, but Graham drives down 4 and the ball crawls over the rim for a 2 but Higgins calls a foul on Acuil who is vertical and backing up and the contact is minimal with the body and none with the hands... I don't know what more he could have done to avoid the foul other than sitting on the bench... very next possession McClure drives and gets clobbered by 35 and it's silence....

I've just seen it too many times.... honestly, this team was lucky to be in the game... we are offensively challenged

ca4cy

Dec 6, 2009
North Central IA
LeConte missed 4 straight open shots in the last 4 minutes and that is on him, but Graham drives down 4 and the ball crawls over the rim for a 2 but Higgins calls a foul on Acuil who is vertical and backing up and the contact is minimal with the body and none with the hands... I don't know what more he could have done to avoid the foul other than sitting on the bench... very next possession McClure drives and gets clobbered by 35 and it's silence....

I've just seen it too many times.... honestly, this team was lucky to be in the game... we are offensively challenged

Yup. Huge series in the game there.

• Agree
Reactions: JusHappy2BeHere

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA

This was vintage Smog Allen Fieldhouse home cooking. I was watching with my wife and immediately said "Baylor just got called for a foul at the other end with 10% of the contact that we just saw right there."

Those sequences are what we all see in nearly every close game at AFH down the stretch but KU fans tell us we're the delusional ones for calling it out.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
At this point, KU might be hoping its a booster. There's talk of agents and the Adidas scandal, which involves the FBI.
So long as a coach had no knowledge of or involvement in whatever happened, it doesn't matter. As soon as KU discovered a possible violation, they held him out and went above and beyond what was required to stay compliant with the rules.

If you think Billy Preston is the only player on a D1 roster rolling around a campus in a car he or his family either got a crazy discount on thanks to being a player or got some help paying for then you're crazy. I am glad KU held him out of all games and aren't at risk of having to vacate any wins or face any punishment.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Bigman38

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
This was vintage Smog Allen Fieldhouse home cooking. I was watching with my wife and immediately said "Baylor just got called for a foul at the other end with 10% of the contact that we just saw right there."

Those sequences are what we all see in nearly every close game at AFH down the stretch but KU fans tell us we're the delusional ones for calling it out.
That's hilarious. There were plenty of calls that should have been made against Baylor that weren't. I have never seen a team commit more uncalled moving screens in my life. Baylor players basically grabbed hold of a KU defender and physically moved them out of a play. Both teams were called for a ton of fouls throughout the game. I would have been fine if they stopped calling fouls on both teams, there were so many stoppages of play it made the game boring.

Ozclone

Dec 12, 2009
So long as a coach can claim that they had no knowledge of or involvement in whatever happened, it doesn't matter. As soon as KU discovered a possible violation had been made public, they held him out and went above and beyond what was required to stay compliant with the rules.

If you think Billy Preston is the only player on KU's roster rolling around a campus in a car he or his family either got a crazy discount on thanks to being a player or got some help paying for then you're crazy. I am glad KU held him out of all games and aren't at risk of having to vacate any wins or face any punishment.

FIFY

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron