Recruits, Trasnfers, Starters, and Whole Team of 2015

WesRuby

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 2, 2014
Ladies and Gentleman, Hell of a season this year huh? The big question next year is, can we do the same? If not better??
This year's high school recruiting has been a drag to say the least:

Marvin Clark will most likely red-shirt at MSU his firs season

Rashad Vaughn broke our hearts n February, stitched them back together five days ago then ripped them back apart after Rice says he is staying with UNLV

Emmanuel Malou has a horrendous coach with multiple felonies and improper paperwork for Malou, thu, he is ineligible for 2014-2015.

Josh Cunningham will decide soon enough where he will go, and Iowa State didn't even 5 schools for his recruiting.

However, with transfers, we look phenomenal with Jameel McKay and Abdel Nader.
The starting five for the first semester should look small again with.
PG: Monte Morris
SG: Naz Long
F: Dustin Hogue
F: Abdel Nader
PF: Georges Niang

Second Semester:
PG: Morris
SG: Long
F: Nader
F: Niang
F: McKay

I have multiple questions that can be debated and hopefully be explained:
1. Does Coach Hoiberg have any High School recruits we are looking at?
2. What are the odds of us either getting Mason or BDJ?
3. Are here any other transfers we are looking at (besides Carlino :twitcy:)
4. Can we make it back to the sweet sixteen next year?
Ponder upon these questions and go Cyclones!

Cyclonin

Feb 18, 2012
Dallas, TX
Hogue starts. The whole season. Book it.

Absolutely agree. And on the very slim chance he doesn't? That means we have a person capable of scoring 30+, double double threat, and good Defense on the bench, so whoever is in front of him must be pretty damn good

Rhoadhoused

Apr 27, 2010
Ames, IA
Absolutely agree. And on the very slim chance he doesn't? That means we have a person capable of scoring 30+, double double threat, and good Defense on the bench, so whoever is in front of him must be pretty damn good

Yep. Hogue is our best on ball defender. Nader or Mckay comes off the bench unless Nader can play the 2.

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
In before "see other thread" reference

Also, Hogue would like to shave something in the OP's head for insinuating that he may not start.

Last edited:

WesRuby

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 2, 2014
I only say that because as a starter at NIU, one of the worst teams in the nation, one of the lowest scoring, just mouth dropping, worst offenses in the game of basketball, Nader was able to score more than 12 points a game. As a Sophomore...

greatshu

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 4, 2007
KS
Hogue, Niang, and Monte are lock for starting role.

We just need to fill out the rest with whatever talent we have available.

Rhoadhoused

Apr 27, 2010
Ames, IA
I only say that because as a starter at NIU, one of the worst teams in the nation, one of the lowest scoring, just mouth dropping, worst offenses in the game of basketball, Nader was able to score more than 12 points a game. As a Sophomore...

Hogue averaged 11.6 in the Big 12 in his first year in D1 on a team with 2 all Americans as the 4th scoring option on a Sweet 16 team.

WesRuby

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 2, 2014
Does anyone know if we could push Nader up to possibly a guard position?

WesRuby

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 2, 2014
Hogue averaged 11.6 in the Big 12 in his first year in D1 on a team with 2 all Americans as the 4th scoring option.
And he averaged under 10 points at IHCC. Can you imagine what Hoiberg could do to Nader?

Rhoadhoused

Apr 27, 2010
Ames, IA
And he averaged under 10 points at IHCC. Can you imagine what Hoiberg could do to Nader?

Hogue will start the entire season I will bet you anything. Anything.

And if Nader is that good, Mckay will just come off the bench. He won't just get an automatic spot in the starting lineup.

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids
Ladies and Gentleman, Hell of a season this year huh? The big question next year is, can we do the same? If not better??
This year's high school recruiting has been a drag to say the least:

Marvin Clark will most likely red-shirt at MSU his firs season

Rashad Vaughn broke our hearts n February, stitched them back together five days ago then ripped them back apart after Rice says he is staying with UNLV

Emmanuel Malou has a horrendous coach with multiple felonies and improper paperwork for Malou, thu, he is ineligible for 2014-2015.

Josh Cunningham will decide soon enough where he will go, and Iowa State didn't even 5 schools for his recruiting.

However, with transfers, we look phenomenal with Jameel McKay and Abdel Nader.
The starting five for the first semester should look small again with.
PG: Monte Morris
SG: Naz Long
F: Dustin Hogue
F: Abdel Nader
PF: Georges Niang

Second Semester:
PG: Morris
SG: Long
F: Nader
F: Niang
F: McKay

I have multiple questions that can be debated and hopefully be explained:
1. Does Coach Hoiberg have any High School recruits we are looking at?
2. What are the odds of us either getting Mason or BDJ?
3. Are here any other transfers we are looking at (besides Carlino :twitcy:)
4. Can we make it back to the sweet sixteen next year?
Ponder upon these questions and go Cyclones!

1. No
2. Mason isn't officially transferring yet so I don't know if he even wants to be here atm, and BDJ is currently looking at us and Kentucky, so 50:50 right now at worst
3. Unsure if we are even interested in Carlino, I think our focus is on Mason and BDJ for now.
4.Yes, but I'd rather see the match ups and our seeding before making any promises. Making the Sweet 16 isn't only about 1 teams talent, it also involves the other 3 from a pod who didn't make it too. We would have the talent to do so, but we might be matched-up with a sleeper mid major, and underachieving team like OSU, or we could be the OSU next season. Don't know yet.

4theCYcle

Jul 14, 2013
Urbandale, IA
Does anyone know if we could push Nader up to possibly a guard position?

This guy might have an idea...i'm not too worried about it.

images

And btw, you're crazy to think that Hogue doesn't start next year. Fred talked highly of him being the energy guy the entire year, so why does he sit?? I'd say his last game of the season has earned him a starting spot (essentially his play the whole year did).

Last edited:

CyCy

Nov 7, 2006
Hogue only started 36 of 36 games this year.

From the numbers Nader doesn't really look like a guard. Averaged .9 assists and 3.2 t/o per game at NIU.

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids
Hogue only started 36 of 36 games this year.

From the numbers Nader doesn't really look like a guard. Averaged .9 assists and 3.2 t/o per game at NIU.

But, did you know that Houge is from New York and wasn't heavily recruited?

WesRuby

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 2, 2014
I only say that because there is so much talent coming into next season.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron