RECRUITING: Re-al Mitchell commits

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
They all train together, the seals are just a more Flagship organization. The Isreali special forces are rumored to be the real BA's of the world. Probably holds a lot of water since that's where most special forces joint training assemblys are held.

As far as barbaric training goes, the Spetznaz or the North Korean special forces are rumored to be the most brutal. Spetznaz break you from emotional boundaries and the North Koreans practice body hardening, which if you haven't watched videos, it's not for the light of heart.
I love when folks like you pontificate. Which one did you serve in?

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Sorry, there isn't any equivalent to Navy Seals from the Army, Airforce or Marines. Not that I could do any of those either. However, I did the pre-test for the seals when I was in the Navy. They literally tie your arms behind your back and feet together and make you bob (push off the bottom to come up and get air) in 10 feet of water. I visited Coronado Island in San Diego to see the training facilities. When I saw the hole they put you in that restricts your movement and cover you up. Right then I knew I was too big of a &:$$? to do that.

Not saying they're the same, but Recon train with Seals (my brother in law was Recon).

Hawkmi1987

Jun 27, 2016
Newton, Ia
Sorry, there isn't any equivalent to Navy Seals from the Army, Airforce or Marines. Not that I could do any of those either. However, I did the pre-test for the seals when I was in the Navy. They literally tie your arms behind your back and feet together and make you bob (push off the bottom to come up and get air) in 10 feet of water. I visited Coronado Island in San Diego to see the training facilities. When I saw the hole they put you in that restricts your movement and cover you up. Right then I knew I was too big of a &:$$? to do that.
Fellow Navy vet here, The bolded is called drownproofing and it's not fun.

ameslurker

Jan 21, 2013
There was a series on Netflix a couple years ago called Surviving The Cut where it followed a handful of 'specialized' units in the military. Showed you how they trained, what they were used for, etc. If you're interested in anything modern military I'd highly suggest looking it up, though it may not be on Netflix anymore. It was a lot of fun to watch as I'd snack on chips and drink beer.

• Funny
Reactions: cymac2408

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
Not saying they're the same, but Recon train with Seals (my brother in law was Recon).
Rarely did force train navspecwar. Occas\ionally they would get some dive training but very different missions.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
Yes, very different missions, but there is some crossover, and they do train together or do similar training, on occasion
On occasion. We rarely spent anytime with force. Much more normal with afpr, and dynamically supported by rangers.

CloneinWDSM

Aug 9, 2013
Soooo Re-al got benched for a stud Qb prospect in their latest game. Not sure if this will be permanent or not.

harimad

Jul 28, 2016
Illinois
How in the hell do you pronounce that kid's name...?
beginner-ukulele-lowres-0144.jpg

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
I got to figure he can move to a different position and play at the high school level at least.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron