RECRUITING: Re-al Mitchell commits

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
Did someone say bust out?

656368.jpg
Those look re-al

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
First time I watched his highlight video and got to say I like what he can do. He is definitely at a disadvantage being shorter but he looks like a Big XII QB. May hurt him down the line if he tries to go pro but it can be done. Really fast as you would expect. Throws a nice tight ball with a quick looking release. Was more impressed by the deep outs and sideline passes that were accurate. Of course I'd like to see an entire film instead of just highlights but he looks like a QB IMO.

• Informative
Reactions: Stormin

bigsag

Jan 27, 2009
A team can never have enough legitimate playmakers. Re-Al Mitchell is definitely a playmaker. His speed has been showcased since he was in junior high. The guy is definitely fast. Local sportcasters state that his IQ is as fast as his feet. Welcome Re-Al. Cyclone fans are excited to see you play in Ames and the Big 12.

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
Halsted had a podcast about him and I think he said he QB at his HS coming in after him is going to Oregon. Sounds like he's playing against high quality competition

bozclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2011
Indiana
Halsted had a podcast about him and I think he said he QB at his HS coming in after him is going to Oregon. Sounds like he's playing against high quality competition

His high school is one of the high schools you will see on ESPN. He plays against great competition.

Edit: After some research, found out the QB at his HS before him went to Fresno St. The QB before that was the starter at UCLA last year and is now transferring to Alabama as a grad transfer. John Bosco is known for producing QBs.

Last edited:

CyFy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 13, 2014
Huxley
Excited about this one. 4.5 speed and an arm like that...his release is so quick and smooth.

jmkc12

Apr 27, 2017
He sounds like he's a smart kid with a good head on his shoulders and has established a good relationship with the staff. With recruiting you never know until they sign on the dotted line but I think with him and especially being a QB who the staff can continuously preach to that he is "their guy" we have a pretty good shot of holding on to him. This kid looks like he is going to be a baller.

• Agree
Reactions: aauummm

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
If RM was 4 inches taller he would have been very recruited by every school on the west coast. Could be the steal of the class, especially if he grows an inch or two in the next couple years.

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
Is Iowa State recruiting him at QB? Looks like an explosive athlete, but a....less than polished passer, to put it nicely. Looks like he would make a helluva slot receiver.

He's starting QB for one of the best HS teams in the country...He played arguably the best schedule in the country out of any HS QB. He put up 3000 yds passing at a 70% comp rate...Oh and he ran for 1200 yds and whoever many TD's. Go read what the head of scouting at 247 wrote about him as a QB then come back and tell me he'd make a helluva slot receive and his passing isnt polished..

Oh and while you are watching his highlights and reading that article keep in mind he's playing against some of the best HS teams in America.