Read Option

CampusAve

Jan 21, 2011
Hazzard County
Two questions:

1. Steele seems to hand off every time. Is it a true option or is it called on the sidelines?

2. How awesome would Seneca have been in this offense?

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
I have been watching and watching this since the Iowa game. I don't know. I don't know if he is making the wrong read or attempting to hold the DE by looking at him. I really have no idea. My gut feeling is he is making the wrong read which is understandable with him being hurt but he did the same thing for 1 1/2 games. If it is a true read, we need to ditch it if he is never going to keep anyone honest. It is a deadly play when executed but when not it is a just a really slow handoff.

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
It would help if our O-line blocked as well.

Sorry, but that is **** poor. One thing this game proved to me is that Iowa's D-line is going to be a big problem for them this year.

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA
when I watched the Iowa game the second time it was obvious that it was not a read option. we blocked the de and sometimes even pulled a guard. looked like the same thing tonight. looks like cpr is slowly opening the playbook for all our new guys.

Lanny

Apr 10, 2006
Kimberling City, MO
I think part of it is trying to bait defenses into taking the RB every time and then make the QB a rare occurrence that can be a big play.... That's what I am telling myself at least. Plus, especially early in games I would prefer to have the RBs with the ball much more often unless the defense way overcommits. I would rather Steele not take a beating for 3 - 4 year gains - I really only want 10 - 15 yards if he is going to take a hit.