Random Thoughts XI (Eleven Pipers Piping)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Bladerunner 2048 was a terrible movie. I finished it thinking it might get better but was wrong.
Passengers w/JLaw while not great was at least a little better. She did rock it in that white swimsuit though.

• Informative
Reactions: jcyclonee

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
The boys went 2-1 this weekend to get third. 2 places get medals. got hosed due to a team cancelling out. Still can't score.

Ended up coaching 6 games. I had no voice left, was in a gym that was split crossways and the kids didn't like to listen well above the noise. Major difference between the fourth and third grade level. Third grade coach I can tell wants to bail and have me do both. I can't handle that many kids and it kills effectiveness of practice. I'm a big, keep the grade together and not steal here and there and cannibalize another grade. I know her help is limited but will need to figure out how to explain I can't keep doing both.

Wife's SIL "runs" the tourney. Basically she likes having control and ordering people around. She moved Saturday games to Sunday. Apparently people weren't fond of the move and dumped a bunch of work on her. She's the type of instead of cleaning up afterwards herself, she would just pay the school janitors to do it and then cut something from the groups and chew people out.

• Friendly
Reactions: NWICY

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Something I found amusing and sad at the same time. There was one team that had a coach that "scouted" us against another team. When I called out a play to our 4th graders, he knew what the play was designed to do and was reminding his players what to do against it. It was apparent that during his free time, he took the team and practiced against our plays.

So at halftime, I changed the play to something else, and I could hear him yelling about my kids doing the wrong thing during the play.

This was a coach for their football team also. It was apparent during football that he didnt know the basic fundamentals of the game. He didn't know you changed directions at quarters and what happened during coin flips. He also refused to read the rules for the youth program and would make up things.

• Dislike
Reactions: VeloClone

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Dang BC sounds like the coaching thing got to be sort of tiring. Hopefully not to many more left for the season.

• Friendly
Reactions: BCClone

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Dang BC sounds like the coaching thing got to be sort of tiring. Hopefully not to many more left for the season.

Last tourney of the season, or at least last that I'm doing. Will have to go at it next year, although I need the other coach to take the reigns of her son's class, she wants him to play up with my group. I feel that always makes a mess and punishes those in the grade up later on because the younger ones need more time and pulls coaching time from the older ones and I have to pull the level of skills down to get them pulled along. I have another parent that will help me next year with our son's class. With the oldest being a senior, I'm not missing his last year of wrestling tournies for youth basketball.

• Friendly
Reactions: NWICY

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I just accidentally dumped my lunch down the drain while trying to strain it. :(

I feel for whoever has to clean the drain out, I'm assuming some noodle thing here.

My wife tried to put a whole casserole (She made it and put it in the fridge when we got busy and it sat for a week) that was loaded with elbow noodles down the garbage disposal once. I spent the next couple days redoing a lot of the plumbing in the basement due to being plugged with noodles. Garbage disposals don't do noodles.

• Informative
Reactions: cyrevkah

CloneLawman

Fortis Non Ferox
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Wherever I go, there I am.
Last tourney of the season, or at least last that I'm doing. Will have to go at it next year, although I need the other coach to take the reigns of her son's class, she wants him to play up with my group. I feel that always makes a mess and punishes those in the grade up later on because the younger ones need more time and pulls coaching time from the older ones and I have to pull the level of skills down to get them pulled along. I have another parent that will help me next year with our son's class. With the oldest being a senior, I'm not missing his last year of wrestling tournies for youth basketball.

What is on BC's brain....

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: jcyclonee

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
My weekend was filled with an outdoor soccer tournament (4 games in friggin cold weather) along with a chance to see the Harlem Globetrotters.

Soccer tourney went as expected. We went 0-2-2. We were down 4 girls and had no subs for our two losses and only one sub for our two ties. Our girls really battled defensively, but couldn't get anything going offensively since they were all spent. My daughter netted the only goal on a nicely taken free-kick and she proceeded to hit the post on three other shots throughout the weekend (which is apparently her specialty).

The wins and losses don't really matter, but it would've been nice to get at least one win when you watch soccer in 35 degree temps with wind chills in the 20s.

We saw the Globetrotters again after seeing them three years ago. They have definitely taken a step in the wrong direction in the last three years. They had their usual schtick which was good for a number of laughs, but a lot of time was spent on advertisers and promotions and shilling their gear. It was kinda disappointing. Additionally, the group of performers that came didn't seem near as sharp as some of the past lineups and hit very few of their usual trick shots.

My daughter and her friend had a blast, so the mission was accomplished, but I won't be in a hurry to see them again unfortunately.

• Dislike
  • Informative
Reactions: VeloClone and NWICY

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
During lunch I started my get in better shape campaign. Spent most of lunch lightly on the treadmill. Not sure if this is medically legit or not, but ever since lactose intolerance hit me, I can cramp up severely if I don't ease into my work outs slowly for the first week or so. I have to stretch like crazy also.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
During lunch I started my get in better shape campaign. Spent most of lunch lightly on the treadmill. Not sure if this is medically legit or not, but ever since lactose intolerance hit me, I can cramp up severely if I don't ease into my work outs slowly for the first week or so. I have to stretch like crazy also.
My guess is it has something to do with the lactic acid you muscles produce when exercising

• Agree

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Spent the better part of 2 days trying to figure out how to create and send an automated email from a new client. Not sure why things have to be so difficult.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Sorry. Easing into your workouts still doesn't explain the busy for a week thing.

• Optimistic
Status
Not open for further replies.