Random Thoughts 18: The Year of Fire

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
History of the fast food restaurant drive through, innovated by In-N-Out. I had no idea that's where it started...

On the History show the food that made america, they say it was Dave Thomas that created the two window drive thru. Not sure how it compares but I just saw that a week or so ago.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Great day in Ames double header victories. Gorgeous weather. The 2nd half of the tribe came to the annual wbb game, it took us 3 games to make it work. 1st was the cold and snowy weekend, 2nd TCU cancelled and it finally worked today.

CloneLawman

Fortis Non Ferox
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Wherever I go, there I am.
We are going to a meadery this weekend. Anybody have any opinions or recommendations about mead?

I assume that I have to wear armor and carry a sword (I usually do anyway).
A longsword would pair ok with mead, but a two hander of some sort would be better. Given your penchant for all things Baltic...

Attachments

• ab-2-0-02_117-132_kazakevicius.pdf
    1.9 MB · Views: 6

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
If anyone wants to go to the wrestling meet this afternoon (against MIssouri's non-first stringers) let me know. I have two reserved seats and 4 GA, and a parking pass.

Ms3r4ISU

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Neighbor “mowed” his backyard already this morning. Why? I have no idea. Made me laugh. I live in Ames btw.
My neighbor raked his back yard and is burning that in his fire pit. Also in Ames. I’m holding off on raking because anything already growing is fine with some cover for awhile yet.

• Agree
Reactions: cycloner29

Ms3r4ISU

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
If anyone wants to go to the wrestling meet this afternoon (against MIssouri's non-first stringers) let me know. I have two reserved seats and 4 GA, and a parking pass.
2 reserved are fine.
Still have 4 ga and a parking pass.

Ms3r4ISU

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
BTW, I did wordle in 2 last night. My first guess was spear. Have done wordle a handful of times over the past couple of months, so was pleased with my brain to guess it on the second word.

Reactions: NWICY

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Was running tight for mbb yesterday. Decided on CHICK-FIL-A after the Duff bebops was closed and Wendy's looked really busy.
Pulled into Chick-fil-A and thought what a disaster. I was wrong. That double lane drive thru with 4(?) Order takers can really put the cars through. I don't think it was more than 5 minutes from pull in to back on Duff. They are crazy efficient at drive thru. Friendly work staff also. Does anyone know do they pay more than typical fast food, because service wise they are way above average. IMO.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Was running tight for mbb yesterday. Decided on CHICK-FIL-A after the Duff bebops was closed and Wendy's looked really busy.
Pulled into Chick-fil-A and thought what a disaster. I was wrong. That double lane drive thru with 4(?) Order takers can really put the cars through. I don't think it was more than 5 minutes from pull in to back on Duff. They are crazy efficient at drive thru. Friendly work staff also. Does anyone know do they pay more than typical fast food, because service wise they are way above average. IMO.
Pretty similar. Beware though, you will wait A LONG time on sundays.