Random Thoughts 16: “Somebody had to do it” edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Had a really great day today, work went well finished in good time and went to visit Mn niece for her birthday, her folks were there along with a couple of her sisters, niece and grandparents. So it was a good visit and after they all left went to the brewery with her and bought her a birthday beer.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Was gonna head out for a paddle/fish but then realized that sounds kind of terrible since paddling in really windy conditions sucks.

March/April and than October/November are supposed to be the windiest but this month is crazy windy. Starting to get obsessive about as it is taking the fun out of almost all of my bike rides and pretty much crushed any birding photo ops can't really locate birds when everything is moving or photo them if the tree is swaying back in forth in 30 mph gusts.

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
If anyone is headed to Des Moines for the Arts Festival today and would like some free drinks there, let me know. I have some cards to exchange for wristbands with two drink tabs each. Good for pop, too.
PS, these are paper, not electronic, so we’d need to meet.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I am only Sub-Super but get two emails each month confirming my payment, one a PayPal notice for payment and another a receipt. Guess those would be my first looky-loo for trouble shooting.
Although, I’ve started getting some pretty nice bikini ads that I don’t mind. Maybe the Russian mail order brides will be next.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Today the youngest got the example that while his dad may be old, he could still beat his ass if needed to. Wife is giving away her piano. So the youngest asked if we should garage it since they are coming at 1. I say no prob but told him to pick up a side to see what he thinks. He grunts and gets it up. So we take it to the garage/house door. I do all the work needed to that point. I give him the easy side. I have to hold it up while he lifts just enough to get it down the two steps. He needs breaks after each lift. He barely survived.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: jcyclonee and NWICY
Status
Not open for further replies.