Random Thoughts 15: Crystal Clear 2021 Edition

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
I did with my android, but I’m not sure how with iPhone. Also, now with them using other people’s numbers, it concerns me a bit. My sister once had a telemarketer use her own number.
I hear you on that one. A couple of years ago we were expecting a number of calls from IC, and we pretty much had to answer every call because none of the numbers were recognized on my phone.

I look at it like this...if a real person that I know has their number spoofed and subsequently blocked, they will have other means to track me down. If it isn't important enough for them to go to that extra effort, I don't really care if I blocked them. :D

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
I did with my android, but I’m not sure how with iPhone. Also, now with them using other people’s numbers, it concerns me a bit. My sister once had a telemarketer use her own number.
Press on the i icon to the far right on the phone number line, then scroll down. Block this caller/number is at the bottom of the list.

• Informative
Reactions: BCClone

Ms3r4ISU

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
I really don't like the horizontal area across the bottom of the CF app/website where one cannot hit "reply" to a post. Don't understand how I can type, but not post. Way too many times I get frustrated until I remember to scroll the page up so I can choose "post reply."

• Agree
Reactions: stormchaser2014

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Can you refer a spouse and get the credit card referral? Some are offering 150 for a referral. Wonder if we could keep referring each other and make a few easy bucks each year.

BuffettClone

Jul 7, 2012
Ever since the tornado warning a couple of weeks ago, my 5-year old has been obsessed with three things: tornadoes, nukes, and heaven.

He's a bit of a space nerd, so he was telling me the other day how the impact radius of a nuke is 13km and how that is larger than some of the asteroids that are only 4-5km wide.

Then he started going on about heaven for a couple of days. His first question was if he could play Minecraft and Roblox in heaven. I told him I was not sure. Next question was if they have tablets in heaven and I told him no, that they would not have tablets there. I thought it was funny and cute.

Fast forward to today and I'm working on my laptop and he's still sitting at the table eating dinner with my older son and my wife. All of a sudden he asked her: "If I'm holding something in my hand when it's time to go to heaven, will I be able to take it with me?"
I was just fighting back the laughter since I suspected where this was going.
My wife asked: "What are you trying to take?"
And, of course, he goes (dead serious): "My tablet."
Then I just broke out in full laughter. I was just crying from laughing so hard.

My 8 year old just asked me the same thing about Roblox in the last week or so. I told him heaven is what you make it out to be as it is customized for each person, but I hope you don't care so much about Roblox by the time you get there hoping it will be a long time from now. He followed up by asking if I'll be in heaven with him. I said I hope I would be invited to your heaven, but he gave me a thoughtful look and just said ok.

Kids...

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
My 8 year old just asked me the same thing about Roblox in the last week or so. I told him heaven is what you make it out to be as it is customized for each person, but I hope you don't care so much about Roblox by the time you get there hoping it will be a long time from now. He followed up by asking if I'll be in heaven with him. I said I hope I would be invited to your heaven, but he gave me a thoughtful look and just said ok.

Kids...
I tend to think whoever you are close to that gets there before you will greet you when you get there so you will definitely see some loved ones in heaven. But I think you have to go to know for sure and those people aren't talking.

But hawkeyes think there is no beer in heaven and that is just unfathomable. There has to be beer.

hawkeyes... :rolleyes:

• Agree
Reactions: jcyclonee and GTO

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Governor just issued a curfew in Anoka, Hennepin and Ramsey counties from 7 p.m. until 6 a.m. Tuesday. So far 2021 is seeming to suck as much as 2020.

I wasn't going anywhere anyway and had already decided walkabout in the urban park might not be a great idea. I'll probably make a pizza, drink some beer and watch the Yankee game.

Ms3r4ISU

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Governor just issued a curfew in Anoka, Hennepin and Ramsey counties from 7 p.m. until 6 a.m. Tuesday. So far 2021 is seeming to suck as much as 2020.

I wasn't going anywhere anyway and had already decided walkabout in the urban park might not be a great idea. I'll probably make a pizza, drink some beer and watch the Yankee game.
Going to let the dog out today?

Status
Not open for further replies.