Random Thoughts 15: Crystal Clear 2021 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
Ever since the tornado warning a couple of weeks ago, my 5-year old has been obsessed with three things: tornadoes, nukes, and heaven.

He's a bit of a space nerd, so he was telling me the other day how the impact radius of a nuke is 13km and how that is larger than some of the asteroids that are only 4-5km wide.

Then he started going on about heaven for a couple of days. His first question was if he could play Minecraft and Roblox in heaven. I told him I was not sure. Next question was if they have tablets in heaven and I told him no, that they would not have tablets there. I thought it was funny and cute.

Fast forward to today and I'm working on my laptop and he's still sitting at the table eating dinner with my older son and my wife. All of a sudden he asked her: "If I'm holding something in my hand when it's time to go to heaven, will I be able to take it with me?"
I was just fighting back the laughter since I suspected where this was going.
My wife asked: "What are you trying to take?"
And, of course, he goes (dead serious): "My tablet."
Then I just broke out in full laughter. I was just crying from laughing so hard.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Ever since the tornado warning a couple of weeks ago, my 5-year old has been obsessed with three things: tornadoes, nukes, and heaven.

He's a bit of a space nerd, so he was telling me the other day how the impact radius of a nuke is 13km and how that is larger than some of the asteroids that are only 4-5km wide.

Then he started going on about heaven for a couple of days. His first question was if he could play Minecraft and Roblox in heaven. I told him I was not sure. Next question was if they have tablets in heaven and I told him no, that they would not have tablets there. I thought it was funny and cute.

Fast forward to today and I'm working on my laptop and he's still sitting at the table eating dinner with my older son and my wife. All of a sudden he asked her: "If I'm holding something in my hand when it's time to go to heaven, will I be able to take it with me?"
Then I just broke out in full laughter. I was just crying from laughing so hard.

You sure about this no tablets thing?

1617950571076.png

SaraV

Staff member
Mar 13, 2012

*record scratch*

Hold up.

The "baby" is 5 now?!

• Agree
  • Friendly
Reactions: jcyclonee and GTO

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.

May be easiest to say you heard heaven got WiFi so tablets are available now. Ease the poor kids concerns.

• Agree
Reactions: GTO

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
As much as you all might not like it, I'm going to attempt to be a more regular contributor too.
oVpylL.gif

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
An Easter Sunday text from DD in re eggs, candy, etc. and their 4-yr-old son: he asked if we could call Peter Cottontail and tell him thank you. We must be doing something right as parents.:D

Reactions: NWICY and jcyclonee

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Is your daughter graduating this year? My son is. My wife officially gave me a honey-do list for the graduation party in June. I will be able to get it all accomplished by September.
@VeloClone - You are correct. September is optimistic. Is your daughter enjoying in-school learning at the high school?

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Here is what has happened in my life recently.

We went on our Spring Break trip to the DR with my son, 3 of his friends, and their families. It was a blast. Delta airlines and the resort were very careful about Covid. It seems that they were way safer than the people that went to other destinations. My son and his friends got to be good friends with some kids from Germany. They have Facetimed multiple times since the trip. At one point, they played beach volleyball while 4 different languages were being spoken. He said his favorite thing that took place on the trip was trash-talking in Spanish with the kids from the DR.

I am looking for a new job. I have a 3rd interview with a company on Monday so I am hoping to have new employment soon. Wish me luck.

My youngest daughter got her permit. Since she didn't get any time on the simulator, I've discovered that the simulator does actually help. She has a problem remembering to use her blinkers. Otherwise, she's doing well.

My wife is on a girls trip this weekend. I assume she packed a fluffy pillow for the pillow fights.

I am getting my Covid shot today.

My oldest daughter is staying in Iowa for the summer. Selfishly, I want her home but I guess I get it.

Reactions: oldman and SCyclone

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Is your daughter graduating this year? My son is. My wife officially gave me a honey-do list for the graduation party in June. I will be able to get it all accomplished by September.
Yes she is, and like a good parent she will be attending the correct university. We just got the new carpet in, you know, so it rains and they will track mud all over it. There isn’t much to do, we have the plan from the sons. With the extra garage stall, the clean out will be easier there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Help Support Us

Become a patron