Random Thoughts 14: I can see clearly now 2020 edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
We cancelled our trip to TX this week, and our trip to the west coast & Washington in June. As of right now, our cruise in late August is still a go...
All I can say on THAT front is "Thank goodness we opted for trip insurance!". We may need it.
A woman I work with had to cancel her ski trip next week. She got credit for a year but said she would rather have her $5,000 back.

My sister always gets trip insurance.

Cybirdy

Sep 10, 2009
Ames
We cancelled our trip to TX this week, and our trip to the west coast & Washington in June. As of right now, our cruise in late August is still a go...
All I can say on THAT front is "Thank goodness we opted for trip insurance!". We may need it.

I think my parents next scheduled trip is either late July or early Aug. They were going to Germany to see the Passion at Oberammergau. It is only put on every 10yrs. Even being very optimistic, I don’t think they will make the next one. ☹️ My dad turned 79 yesterday. I think my Mom said they did purchase the travel insurance. Our 8th grader is supposed to go to DC in June, that one is still up in the air.

• Friendly
Reactions: NWICY and cyrevkah

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
I think my parents next scheduled trip is either late July or early Aug. They were going to Germany to see the Passion at Oberammergau. It is only put on every 10yrs. Even being very optimistic, I don’t think they will make the next one. ☹️ My dad turned 79 yesterday. I think my Mom said they did purchase the travel insurance. Our 8th grader is supposed to go to DC in June, that one is still up in the air.
I hope the trip happens for your parents. It was tough on my father/stepmother when they had to acknowledge that their cruising/traveling days were over. That happened in their 80s.

SaraV

Staff member
Mar 13, 2012
My parents usually come visit over Memorial Day weekend, but with my job duties, it's been pushed to mid-June. I'm hoping they can still make it.

MIL had a fall yesterday, couldn't get up, and was also exhibiting shortness of breath and a slight fever. Turns out it's "only" rhinovirus. But, she's in the hospital, and step-FIL can't even visit her.

I feel bad for couples that have weddings planned for the next couple of weeks.

ImJustKCClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
My parents usually come visit over Memorial Day weekend, but with my job duties, it's been pushed to mid-June. I'm hoping they can still make it.

MIL had a fall yesterday, couldn't get up, and was also exhibiting shortness of breath and a slight fever. Turns out it's "only" rhinovirus. But, she's in the hospital, and step-FIL can't even visit her.

I feel bad for couples that have weddings planned for the next couple of weeks.
Yeah - I've been seeing a lot of that recently on FB. We will likely have at least one family funeral in the upcoming days...I don't know HOW that will be handled. I'm guessing it will be a very small graveside service, with a larger memorial service later on. But she has 7 kids, 4 living siblings, and dozens of grandkids in the area...so "small" is relative (so to speak).

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Apparently people are coming into local clinic and askingm to be tested because they were going to do some traveling

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Just got back from a five mile walkabout. Too many peeps out. Lots of peeps walking and lots of kids out.

I spy:
  • One corgi
  • Two peeps 'mocking at Cedar Lake. Air temp is like 43 and it's not sunny out like earlier and was not expecting to see two hammocks out already.
  • One odd looking giant poodle
  • No beagles, no eagles
  • Ducks on ice (not skating)

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Not sure why it’s sideways but look what I found.

Attachments

• 0E6FC218-F5AC-4346-A5F9-0A67C812FE0B.jpeg
    0E6FC218-F5AC-4346-A5F9-0A67C812FE0B.jpeg
    32.7 KB · Views: 14

ImJustKCClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Lew was going to pick up powdered milk in case we have to start baking our own bread. No joy. I didn't think people would think of that, but I guess it lasts longer than the fresh stuff in desperate times.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Wondering if I can collect unemployment on my side gig? I work 20-50 hours a week depending the week. Have been busy. Does it matter that I can’t really show a paycheck for this year yet? I mean, how far out was Labor Day?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Help Support Us

Become a patron