Random Thoughts 14: I can see clearly now 2020 edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Wisconsin playing Iowa, guess I should opt in for a couple hours.
Might as well. Their fans aren’t.

EPVJ4uuWoAoa7kN

SaraV

Staff member
Mar 13, 2012
That would be a real challenge.....trying to learn to waltz in 4/4. You'd have to hesitate for one count, I guess.

Many moons ago, in HS , they tried to get us in band to parade march a tune that went from 4/4 (extremely common time signature), to 7/8 :)eek::eek::eek:) back to 4/4.

So a 6/8 is kinda common in music, kinda waltz-ish. (ONE two three FOUR five six) 7/8 is cray-cray for marching. It would be ONE two three ONE two ONE two with each "ONE" being a step. It wasn't marching that count that was hard, it was the transition between "regular" marching to off-beat marching back to regular marching. I know the band was able to pull this off a few years before my membership, but us knuckleheads couldn't do it.

Oooo!!! My brain was able to pull out the name of the song, and I found it on YT. We were wanting to play an abridged version of this. 3:22 is where it goes to 7/8 in what was our arrangement, and then 3:50 it goes back to 4/4. (If y'all are interested)

Reactions: SCyclone

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Many moons ago, in HS , they tried to get us in band to parade march a tune that went from 4/4 (extremely common time signature), to 7/8 :)eek::eek::eek:) back to 4/4.

So a 6/8 is kinda common in music, kinda waltz-ish. (ONE two three FOUR five six) 7/8 is cray-cray for marching. It would be ONE two three ONE two ONE two with each "ONE" being a step. It wasn't marching that count that was hard, it was the transition between "regular" marching to off-beat marching back to regular marching. I know the band was able to pull this off a few years before my membership, but us knuckleheads couldn't do it.

Oooo!!! My brain was able to pull out the name of the song, and I found it on YT. We were wanting to play an abridged version of this. 3:22 is where it goes to 7/8 in what was our arrangement, and then 3:50 it goes back to 4/4. (If y'all are interested)

Our choir used to process to the opening hymn on Sundays. We could always tell when a non musical person chose the opening hymn when we ended up waltzing or marching up the center aisle. ;)

• Funny
Reactions: SCyclone

Cybirdy

Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Nothing is better than having your kid tell you at 10 pm on a Sunday evening - after you have been on an hour long run and are getting ready for bed - that they have a bunch of physics homework that they don't understand and they need your help. I spent the next two and a half hours relearning physics I learned (and forgot) 30+ years ago and teaching my kid through her homework.

WHAT WERE YOU DOING ALL BLEEPING WEEKEND! :mad:

The oldest knows she needs to catch me before 9pm or I will be in bed. But she would never ask me for physics help. That falls under hubby’s wheelhouse. I do all paper/writing editing help. He covers math and science.

Reactions: VeloClone

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Follow up: He showed up 15 minutes after I left, so 40 minutes later than the time he picked.
I'm really lenient on things, and I'm not grading anything, but you gotta be within 40 minutes.

No text no email, that just irresponsibility on his part, flunk his ass.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Follow up: He showed up 15 minutes after I left, so 40 minutes later than the time he picked.
I'm really lenient on things, and I'm not grading anything, but you gotta be within 40 minutes.

No text no email, that just irresponsibility on his part, flunk his ass.

You need to confrim he isn't dead or in a coma in the hospital first. Before I get annoyed at no replies or no shows I like to confirm they ain't dead. I'd feel bad later if I got all pissed and than found out they got killed in an accident driving to see me. One of Boxster's Rules. I don't have as many rules as Columbus in Zombieland but I got rules (although they aren't numbered).

Last edited:

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
I ******* hate Iowa and their ugly ****** colors and their ugly ****** logo and their ugly ****** mascot and their asshat players and fans
Oh dear...When I looked, Wisky had a double digit lead with about 6 minutes left. I guess Iowa pulled it out of their asses again...

• Agree
Reactions: NWICY
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron