Random Thoughts 14: I can see clearly now 2020 edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
This reminded me of something. My wife is a cleaning freak. So she pulled up a couple tubs the other night of old things I had, didn’t know she had moved them into these tubs, thought they were pitched. Anyway, there was a Calvin and Hobbes comic strip in there. My son noticed on the back was some dating want adds. He started laughing and asked if this was real and people did this, I said yep that is actual ads for people. I never did the want ads or the online stuff (was married by then) and don’t know any marriages that hung together from either honestly.

Match.com success story here. Married ten years now.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Rode. Saw nothing. DND.

Did count stop signs and traffic light intersections. 42 in 20 miles. No wonder my average speed sucks. Old 20 mile lakes loop had 10.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Match.com success story here. Married ten years now.
I call bias here!!!
JB gets 2 likes and a winner for 10 years of marriage from match.com.
I get "informative"...for 25 years!!!

BOOOOOOOOOO!!!

:p

Actually, it's nice to hear another success story from "blind dating".

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I call bias here!!!
JB gets 2 likes and a winner for 10 years of marriage from match.com.
I get "informative"...for 25 years!!!

BOOOOOOOOOO!!!

:p

Actually, it's nice to hear another success story from "blind dating".

You want to hear of blind dating? I had a blind guy who worked for me who went out on a date with this blind woman. Apparently their sense of touch worked because she ended up pregnant.

Now there is a blind date.

Reactions: Cyclones_R_GR8

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
Number of trees down around town due to the storm last night. Including two on the trail I took the kids on this morning...that made things interesting.

Delicious pork chops tonight. Thanks to the two of you for making that happen.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
If Tom Hanks in Castaway can have a volleyball, "Wilson", as a best friend than why can't I? I am marooned alone in my house just like he was on that island. So, meet Scotty my new best friend. He's a 55 year old MacGregor football and is, of course, Scottish!

scotty and me July 2020 cf scale.jpg

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Number of trees down around town due to the storm last night. Including two on the trail I took the kids on this morning...that made things interesting.

Delicious pork chops tonight. Thanks to the two of you for making that happen.
It didn't get too bad where I live, but my best friend lives over on the NE side and he had a whole tree downed. maybe a 50 footer.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
It didn't get too bad where I live, but my best friend lives over on the NE side and he had a whole tree downed. maybe a 50 footer.

A large branch fell across our street but that was about it in our neighborhood that I know of. Somehow we thread the needle during it on our drive to Coralville.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
A large branch fell across our street but that was about it in our neighborhood that I know of. Somehow we thread the needle during it on our drive to Coralville.
it only stormed for about 15 minutes here on the SE side. i think it was a small but mighty cell.

Reactions: wxman1

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
This comes from How Life Changes Things......

My older brother (who is retired) planned on moving in with my Mom up north this summer. She lives in a house on a lake, and my brother will inherit it when she passes. So it works out well, hopefully Mom won't end up in a care center.

But.....we have a cousin near where my brother lives now, and it turns out she's a hoarder. Just like the folks you see on TV, there are narrow paths through her house, none of the plumbing works, etc. And as the only remaining family member close by, he got nominated to handle the problem.

Social services have been involved, and it hasn't been pretty. The cousin is dead set against getting rid of anything, despite my brother's warnings that this could cost her the house and her freedom, should she become unreasonable.

I don't envy him, at all. He spent the last seven or eight years as a caregiver for his wife, who died of stomach cancer, and was getting ready to become a caregiver again for Mom (although she is relatively self-subsistent). Now this. Ugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron