Quinn Ewers transfers to Texas

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Their bank account may be finite but it's a lot bigger finite than what we've seen before.

Compared to us mortals, yes, but...

Herman's buyout this year would be around $15.4 million.

Buying out a new hire... unless unemployed, which sounds like the kind of winner that Texas would want...

+ another $10-15 million

Then hiring the new guy. Might be upwards of $7-8 million per year. Jimbo at A&M was $7.5 per year.

That is a lot of money even for a program like Texas with some deep pockets.

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL

Buying out a new hire... unless unemployed, which sounds like the kind of winner that Texas would want...

+ another $10-15 million

Then hiring the new guy. Might be upwards of $7-8 million per year. Jimbo at A&M was $7.5 per year.

That money wouldn't come from Texas's budget, it would be a lump sum from high level donors to get it done.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
That money wouldn't come from Texas's budget, it would be a lump sum from high level donors to get it done.

Many of (not all, though) their high level donors are oil and gas people.

That is not an industry flush with cash right now -- quite the opposite.

• Haha
Reactions: RoseClone

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
Those big time Texas donors must be tired of replacing coaches. At this point, they are probably looking deeper into the root cause of Texas' failures. Likely stemming from administration.

I thought I heard awhile back they have a new AD that is supposed to be top notch. Either that or everyone really likes the guy.

So at this point they are running out of options for who to fire. Probably even fewer options for who to hire. Mack Brown would take his current UNC team and beat the piss out of Texas.

Reactions: wintersmd

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
My guess is if Urban Meyer says okay I'm coming they will find the money to get rid of Herman & the Assistants. If it's not someone on that level then I think they will save the money and keep Herman unless he just absolutely goes in the tank the rest of this season.

demoncore1031

May 18, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
theslaughterhouse.freeforums.net
As much as I dislike OSU, it would seem to me if you want to play in the NFL going there or 'Bama would be the way to go. Texas isn't exactly known for getting their QBs to the NFL...
Ohio State and Bama QBs haven't had much success in the NFL. The reason they are so good in college is because they have elite WRs and there is pretty much always someone open to throw to.

• Agree
Reactions: BigCyFan and Acylum

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Ohio State and Bama QBs haven't had much success in the NFL. The reason they are so good in college is because they have elite WRs and there is pretty much always someone open to throw to.

The "final four" quarterbacks in the NFL last year went to...

Cal
Eastern Illinois
Texas A&M
Texas Tech

Pretty random, and none of them a blue-blood save maybe Texas A&M.

Throwing in the guys eliminated the previous round...

NC State / Wisconsin
Michigan State
Louisville
Clemson

The only guy of the eight who came from a truly elite program was Watson.

cyclonepower

Oct 5, 2006
WDM
We play Texas on their senior night - and possibly Herman's last home game ever at Texas. I feel like if there's any hint he's getting canned he's going to throw out the kitchen sink all game like Rhoads did.
Think he would put on a hard hat?

scratch

Jan 28, 2018
If Herman does not make the Big 12 championship game and win it . He is Gone!!!! Texans don't like to lose.

clone4life82

Dec 17, 2008
Ankeny

+ another $10-15 million

I’m sure they could hire a top notch coordinator or an up and coming head coach from somewhere that wouldn’t require a huge 10-15 mil buyout to make them leave, then you front load that contract and have big incentives for wins, certain bowl games, b12 championship game, etc and you prosper. I don’t think it’d be too tough for Texas to make it work.