Question for YouTube TV subscribers

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

coyoteclone

Jan 7, 2009
Assuming you left either a cable or satellite provider, what do you not get on Youtube that you really miss from other providers?

tigershoops31

Apr 13, 2006
Ames
My wife would say HGTV. We got in on the $1/month Hulu deal though so she can get that there. The only channel really that I've ever had that I miss on Youtube TV is NFL Redzone off the top of my head. I would never want to go back.

• Agree
Reactions: cyfanatic

clones8232

Jun 5, 2015
We have direct tv now and the only reason I got that was because it had all the ESPN channels and you could get to ESPN3 content. It also had FS one so I had every channel covered for cyclone basketball.

Since I signed up they have stopped giving you access to ESPN3. No idea why. Their service is decent but their customer service is horrible. I am probably going to try a new one after I get my free month in January.

Dopey

Nov 2, 2009
I miss nothing.

I guess my only complaint is it still isn't what I actually want. I want my local ABC, cbs, etc with the ESPN and Fox sports channels.

That's all I want to pay for. That's it. I understand that may command the most money of my subscription, but I don't want to pay an extra penny for anything else.

• Agree
Reactions: cyfanatic

coyoteclone

Jan 7, 2009
No Discovery, HGTV or DIY are deal breakers for us...other than sports, those are biggies in our house.

Thanks for all of the feed back.

ruxCYtable

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Colorado
I've said it many times: I've tried them all and you absolutely cannot beat PS Vue if you're a sports fan. Nothing else compares and it isn't close.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
I've said it many times: I've tried them all and you absolutely cannot beat PS Vue if you're a sports fan. Nothing else compares and it isn't close.

I'm not a fan of the Roku interface, but I can live with it considering the sports channel lineup.

clones8232

Jun 5, 2015

can you get ESPN3 content with PlayStation vue?

Last edited:

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014
No Discovery, HGTV or DIY are deal breakers for us...other than sports, those are biggies in our house.

Thanks for all of the feed back.

FYI. PlayStation Vue has all 3. The only local station they’re missing in DSM now is channel 13. We get Fox, ABC and CBS.

Plus almost every sports channel is available. All the ESPNs, all the Fox networks including all the regionals and even random stuff like LHN and stadium.

There is no way I’d ever go back to traditional cable/satellite unless it was equal price. I’d hesitate even then with the roku built into our main TV.