Purdy for MVP?

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009
A lot of MVP voting is dependent on team success. If Purdy leads the 49ers to a #1 seed, he should be in the conversation. Someone posted a video saying he's an 18:1 pick for MVP right now.
If they win 13-14 games with 35 touchdowns and 5-6 picks as a 1 seed then he has to be top 5 for MVP or he’s just being overlooked. Would he do this in Arizona currently? No but it doesn’t matter because you could say that about anyone

Reactions: Cyrealist and ZRF

Cloned4Life

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 5, 2006
Ankeny
Huh? I think there is some confusion here
What confusion? There is absolutely just as much negatively towards Brock (in the media, on Twitter, etc) as there is positive. Literally series by series, he is being judged to the extreme. Plenty of pundits and fans clearly want him to (or think he will) ”fail” or ”reveal himself to be the 7th rounder he was drafted as” as soon as possible.

drmwevr08

Nov 25, 2006
Tempe, az
What confusion? There is absolutely just as much negatively towards Brock (in the media, on Twitter, etc) as there is positive. Literally series by series, he is being judged to the extreme. Plenty of pundits and fans clearly want him to (or think he will) ”fail” or ”reveal himself to be the 7th rounder he was drafted as” as soon as possible.
I was confused about people calling for a guy to take his job that wasn't on the team. That would be odd.

cyclone1209

Nov 5, 2010
Denver
It was pretty clear their plan was to get after him and make him screw up. Honestly, it almost worked, especially early. BCB has the stones of a Greek god.
Anyone else just happy with joy when watching the 49ers and our boy Brock succeed - but at the same time think "geez I wish our offense could be more creative like this".

I find myself on any play never knowing if Kyle Shanahan is thinking run or pass, that and he makes a D defend the whole width of the field with lateral passes, mixes in runs and misdirection, and then also throws to TE's over the middle. Easier said than done but our coaches are not dummies, they could get more creative if they wanted to.

Reactions: chadly82

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009
Darnold didn’t play there last year.

• Agree
Reactions: drmwevr08

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Anyone else just happy with joy when watching the 49ers and our boy Brock succeed - but at the same time think "geez I wish our offense could be more creative like this".

I find myself on any play never knowing if Kyle Shanahan is thinking run or pass, that and he makes a D defend the whole width of the field with lateral passes, mixes in runs and misdirection, and then also throws to TE's over the middle. Easier said than done but our coaches are not dummies, they could get more creative if they wanted to.
We don’t have the horses to do what they do.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
We don’t have the horses to do what they do.

It's baffling that people can't see this. It's the 'just do what Ohio State does!' syndrome.

It's like when folks were calling for the basketball to do all sorts of back cutting, dribble drive, etc. with not fast guards that struggled dribbling the ball down the open court without looking at the ball.

• Winner
Reactions: chadly82