Purdue Match

crablegs

Mar 28, 2016
I’m looking at the potential lineups for this one, and this should be a great dual. Lots of ranked matchups.

125 - Schroeder is ranked 9th. Hes known for being especially good on top with tilts. From what I’ve seen from Terukina, he will have the upper hand on his feet. This will be a great test for Terukina and an opportunity to get into the AA conversation.

133 - Ramos from Purdue is honorable mention in Flo rankings. Solid wrestler, but Attasauov needs to win this.

41 - Filiusis ranked 15th. Winnable match from Redding, but I’d hope to see Parker here.

49 -don’t see a ranked wrestler from Purdue.

57 - Coleman is ranked 10th. He’s very good and this will be a fun matchup. But Carr should win similar to the Young match.

74 - Nijenhuis is ranked 18th. Would love to see ISU get a win here. I’d say possible but unlikely.

84 - Purdue has Iowa grad Max Lyon ranked 22nd.

97 - Purdue’s Penola is ranked 11th. This is my matchup of the dual. Want to see if the Warner win was a fluke, or if Bastida has the consistency to keep beating ranked oppponents. I think he does if he can stay off bottom.

CyCloneRastlinG

Oct 15, 2017
Iowa
I’m looking at the potential lineups for this one, and this should be a great dual. Lots of ranked matchups.

125 - Schroeder is ranked 9th. Hes known for being especially good on top with tilts. From what I’ve seen from Terukina, he will have the upper hand on his feet. This will be a great test for Terukina and an opportunity to get into the AA conversation.

133 - Ramos from Purdue is honorable mention in Flo rankings. Solid wrestler, but Attasauov needs to win this.

41 - Filiusis ranked 15th. Winnable match from Redding, but I’d hope to see Parker here.

57 - Coleman is ranked 10th. He’s very good and this will be a fun matchup. But Carr should win similar to the Young match.

74 - Nijenhuis is ranked 18th. Would love to see ISU get a win here. I’d say possible but unlikely.

97 - Purdue’s Penola is ranked 11th. This is my matchup of the dual. Want to see if the Warner win was a fluke, or if Bastida has the consistency to keep beating ranked oppponents. I think he does if he can stay off bottom.
Glad you did a run down on this. Didn’t realize there were going to be so many toss up matches. Should make for an awesome dual.

• Agree
Reactions: Clone83

WhizzerClone

Feb 20, 2020

Agree with Crab, but if Parker goes 41 like you want to see, I want to see Redding at 33 if that cut is still in him. Did Coleman and Lyon wrestle in high school? Both coming out of 3A, but can't recall their high school weights. If I remember, Lyon was a weight or two heavier?

• Agree
Reactions: CyCloneRastlinG

stuclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2013
Ames, IA

Great opportunity for Kysen and Yonger. If Kysen can win against Schroeder, it puts him in AA discussion and shows he is starting to develop consistency. He obviously has a ton of talent, and consistency is the next step to becoming an AA contender.

There is a poster on the Penn State board that usually is pretty accurate with his Iowa State info that said Parker weighed in at 143.6 or something for the Iowa dual. Can't confirm that, but if he did it would signal he is working his way down to 141. Wonder if that means Redding is also working his way down to 133. Ramazan is solid, but if Redding can control his weight he would be our best option at 133 in my opinion.

• Agree
Reactions: CyCloneRastlinG

stuclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2013
Ames, IA
Agree with Crab, but if Parker goes 41 like you want to see, I want to see Redding at 33 if that cut is still in him. Did Coleman and Lyon wrestle in high school? Both coming out of 3A, but can't recall their high school weights. If I remember, Lyon was a weight or two heavier?

Lyon was 182 in high school and Marcus was 170

CyCloneRastlinG

Oct 15, 2017
Iowa
Great opportunity for Kysen and Yonger. If Kysen can win against Schroeder, it puts him in AA discussion and shows he is starting to develop consistency. He obviously has a ton of talent, and consistency is the next step to becoming an AA contender.

There is a poster on the Penn State board that usually is pretty accurate with his Iowa State info that said Parker weighed in at 143.6 or something for the Iowa dual. Can't confirm that, but if he did it would signal he is working his way down to 141. Wonder if that means Redding is also working his way down to 133. Ramazan is solid, but if Redding can control his weight he would be our best option at 133 in my opinion.
How does a penn state guy have inside ISU knowledge lol. I hope Redding can make 133 if Parker does go down. I want to see him continue to develop. I think he has a lot of potential.

stuclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2013
Ames, IA
How does a penn state guy have inside ISU knowledge lol. I hope Redding can make 133 if Parker does go down. I want to see him continue to develop. I think he has a lot of potential.

He's an Iowa State fan that posts on their board. Think he just follows PSU because of Cael

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America

Maybe it was just me but I thought Ian looked visibly smaller than Murin. Maybe's just how they are built or maybe it was because of cutting to 41. Which then begs the question that if he is going down, why wouldn't you give that match to Degen?

• Agree
Reactions: OKClones

stuclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2013
Ames, IA
Maybe it was just me but I thought Ian looked visibly smaller than Murin. Maybe's just how they are built or maybe it was because of cutting to 41. Which then begs the question that if he is going down, why wouldn't you give that match to Degen?

Degen may be a little dinged up and Parker had wrestled and beat Murin before in their careers, so the coaches may have liked that match up better

Reactions: OKClones and JM4CY

crablegs

Mar 28, 2016
I have absolutely no inside knowledge, but it doesn’t look to me like that cut is still an option for Redding.

WhizzerClone

Feb 20, 2020
I have absolutely no inside knowledge, but it doesn’t look to me like that cut is still an option for Redding.
Our staff has to be smart enough to realize the chances of parker going back down to 41 were pretty good. With that being said they better have either made sure Redding is capable of making 33 or ABSOLUTELY not wrestled him until after this complete lineup debacle was sorted through. You, myself and others have said this from the start.

• Agree
Reactions: DantheFan

cywr89

May 14, 2009
Our staff has to be smart enough to realize the chances of parker going back down to 41 were pretty good. With that being said they better have either made sure Redding is capable of making 33 or ABSOLUTELY not wrestled him until after this complete lineup debacle was sorted through. You, myself and others have said this from the start.
And you would be wrong on Redding. With our program the way it is right now they have to compete at a high level especially against Iowa. They needed to put the best healthy line up out as they could. It impacts fans, recruits and transfer perspectives. I would say ISU national perspective improved over the weekend even with the loss. Also, if he can’t make 133 his days may be numbered anyway with Swiderski coming next year.

• Winner
Reactions: stuclone

crablegs

Mar 28, 2016
And you would be wrong on Redding. With our program the way it is right now they have to compete at a high level especially against Iowa. They needed to put the best healthy line up out as they could. It impacts fans, recruits and transfer perspectives. I would say ISU national perspective improved over the weekend even with the loss. Also, if he can’t make 133 his days may be numbered anyway with Swiderski coming next year.
Well the best healthy lineup would have been Parker at 41 and Degen at 49. So they didn’t even do that.

• Agree
Reactions: WhizzerClone

jkbuff98

Jan 3, 2017
Wondering if there will be any way to watch this match I wasn’t lucky enough to get tickets

• Agree
Reactions: JM4CY

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Wondering if there will be any way to watch this match I wasn’t lucky enough to get tickets
Wondering the same thing. I don’t have flo so I’m assuming I won’t be able to see it

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron