Proud Papa-Iowa State Varsity Marching Band

GT25Ump

Oct 24, 2009
Sioux City, Iowa
Very excited and Proud of my son Trevor, he was selected to be a member of the Iowa State Varsity Marching Band......Go Cyclones....
CONGRATULATIONS! I haven't forgotten the day that I found out that my daughter had been chosen to be a part of that great marching band. It's such a blast to head to the Alumni Center to see them perform before the football games!!!

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Very excited and Proud of my son Trevor, he was selected to be a member of the Iowa State Varsity Marching Band......Go Cyclones....

Awesome! You are going to love it!

I don't think anyone understands just how grueling it is to be a member of the ISU Marching Band. It is a TON of hard work. Our son was in it. But they also have a great time.

There were several times during our son's time there that I told my wife that I think they demand way too much from these kids... but our son never complained and said he loved it. A home game for them is literally an 8 hour day.

Cybone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Congrats to Trevor!

I hope he enjoys it as much as I did all those years ago!

cysmiley

Jun 30, 2012
What instrument does he play, we'll scan that section, pretend we see him and cheer him on!

loyalsons4evertrue

Sep 18, 2020
Congrats! I was never a band member any of my life, but I have been a huge marching band enthusiast from a very young age.....I know every stand dune lol.

Such an awesome accomplishment!

Reactions: Jnecker4cy

BigTurk

Dec 17, 2013
Congratulations!

My wife was in the marching band for TOE. She loved every minute of it. My son is looking at colleges and said he wants a marching band and my wife is thrilled.

Reactions: Jnecker4cy

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Congrats! I was never a band member any of my life, but I have been a huge marching band enthusiast from a very young age.....I know every stand dune lol.

Such an awesome accomplishment!
Older sibling talked me out of it when I was maybe 10. Told me it would chew up my study halls later and then I'd have homework.
Wish I would have done it anyway.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Is there anyone else out there that thinks the football marching band and the basketball band is the most annoying part of ISU sporting events? Bring on the dumbs, but I know I'm not alone.
The Hilton bank contest where atleast half the contestants don't shoot a bank shot would like a word.

CyPhallus

Oct 19, 2021
It's like the nerd
The Hilton bank contest where atleast half the contestants don't shoot a bank shot would like a word.
Or the van wall contest where they don't make a shot. I feel you. But I just don't understand how you make the mental gymnastics in your head work out that practicing for months to go out and toot your horn with 100 other nerds during home games for people who don't give a **** is a worthwhile endeavor.

werdnamanhill

(⌐■_■)
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 23, 2017
Eastern IA -> Raleigh, NC -> Madison, WI
Is there anyone else out there that thinks the football marching band and the basketball band is the most annoying part of ISU sporting events? Bring on the dumbs, but I know I'm not alone.
It's incredibly dumb to have this opinion. But it's even more dumb to post it in this thread.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
It's like the nerd

Or the van wall contest where they don't make a shot. I feel you. But I just don't understand how you make the mental gymnastics in your head work out that practicing for months to go out and toot your horn with 100 other nerds during home games for people who don't give a **** is a worthwhile endeavor.
I give a ****.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
Are their chants (especially bb pep band ones) ridiculously dumb? Absolutely. Are bands an integral part of college game day atmospheres? Absolutely.

hiltonisheaven

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny
Congrats to your son, Trevor! I was never a band guy but I think the marching band is awesome!