Preseason Bracketology CBS

H

HGPuck

I guess call it a gut feeling, but being the 2 or 3 seed in North Carolina's region seems very likely to me.

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
Sucks we can't play in Des Moines. I know it's the rule but just sucks. We would completely take over The Well.

Cynonymous

Aug 14, 2015
I find the Michigan/Michigan St. seed interesting. It seems backwards at first glance, but Michigan seems to be valued higher than Mich St by Palm.

Last edited:

32Cyclone Fan

Jan 31, 2008

Sports Illustrated doesn't have Iowa making the NCAA tournament in their college basketball preview issue.

ESPN's Joe Lunardi doesn't have Iowa even getting a play in game this year either. He put out his first edition on August 5th and will update it periodically and later in the season he will update it every week. Lunardi has 6 Big 12 and 6 Big 10 teams making it to the dance which is a much bigger percentage of teams for the Big 12 again this year. Let's hope the Big 12 has a better showing next year. Lunardi has ISU a #2 seed in the Midwest bracket with Maryland as the #1 but that may change many times during the season. If he makes a good read on his projections and the teams don't change much during the season he still moves them around to different brackets.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology

ISU_Clone_28

Mar 27, 2006
Fort Dodge, IA
Sucks we can't play in Des Moines. I know it's the rule but just sucks. We would completely take over The Well.

Yea I love how we can't play in Des Moines but Uconn can play in Madison Square Garden or better yet Ohio State getting the nod to play in Dayton. Even Dayton Played in Columbus for a tourney game. is there an actual rule on the distance required for locations? I know Ames to Des Moines is closer than each of these examples but would love to see Iowa State get that "home court" edge in a big game like that.

Hoiball92

Apr 23, 2015
Des Moines
Yea I love how we can't play in Des Moines but Uconn can play in Madison Square Garden or better yet Ohio State getting the nod to play in Dayton. Even Dayton Played in Columbus for a tourney game. is there an actual rule on the distance required for locations? I know Ames to Des Moines is closer than each of these examples but would love to see Iowa State get that "home court" edge in a big game like that.
Iowa state is the host of the Des Moines region.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron