Post-game podcast from Austin,.....WOW!!!!

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

CySmurf

Jul 14, 2011
Their writers are much more honest with the program than what you get in Iowa (UI & ISU)
Iowa, ISU and UNI aren't blue bloods. Hawkeye fans may act like they are but the media here in this state are pretty patient.

• Agree
Reactions: cyclone13

JeanValette

Feb 15, 2016
Minnesota
Couldn't see it on hookem.com's website for whatever reason, checked it out on Facebook. Low and behold, one of the top comments is about how they should hire Art Briles.

• Funny
Reactions: aauummm

Urbandale2013

Jan 28, 2018
Urbandale
Their writers are much more honest with the program than what you get in Iowa (UI & ISU)
I don’t think they were really more honest about the status of the program. For as much of an ass Herman is he is not the problem at Texas. If they want to fire him go ahead but for their programs success they need to keep him. Unless they get Meyer there isn’t an upgrade available. They listen to their fans to much.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I don’t think they were really more honest about the status of the program. For as much of an ass Herman is he is not the problem at Texas. If they want to fire him go ahead but for their programs success they need to keep him. Unless they get Meyer there isn’t an upgrade available. They listen to their fans to much.
Couldn’t agree more. Herman’s got faults but that’s about 1.5 star culture down there compared our 5 star. You can’t fix that overnight but I sure that fan base keeps thinking they can.

RonBurgundy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2017
I thought most of the comments were quite fair and thoughtful. I clicked thinking they were going to trash Herman. I didn’t really get that.

MuskieCy

Nov 4, 2006
I thought most of the comments were quite fair and thoughtful. I clicked thinking they were going to trash Herman. I didn’t really get that.
They bring Shaka in to the discussion for no reason other than to bash him. Bash the AD. Bash the fan base for its complacency.

All the truth, but necessary? :rolleyes:

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Overall, we got outplayed for 3 quarters, but we were better in each area in the 4th quarter when it counted. Offense, defense, and special teams.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I'm thrilled our local sports media are fans first. Ames has no clue what a tough sports media is like...

I'd disagree with this. I don't know that our guys are that tough, but they certainly aren't fans. For example, the guys writing at the Register for Iowa State aren't fans. You may be confusing the guys writing at the Register for Iowa, who are clearly fans.

• Agree
Reactions: 2020cy

Bipolarcy

Oct 27, 2008

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Imagine having their recruiting classes year after year.

I heard that they only have two 5-stars on their roster and tOSU has more 5-stars from Texas than any Texas school has.

They have money but there is a five school tier in recruiting that is way way above the next tier that Texas is in.

• Informative
Reactions: aauummm