Please do not slander other websites

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
Please do not post any slanderous comments or remarks regarding other websites, especially other Cyclone related sites, in the forums or any other part of the site. I ask any moderators to close any topics that they deem slanderous towards other websites. Any posts deemed inappropriate will be removed and the topic starter will be banned.

I do not believe in moderation of the forums, unless the topic is either inappropriate or slanderous in nature.

Thanks,
Jeremy

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Are we allowed to go and talk up cyclone fanatic on other websites in a tactful way?

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
damn straight! you gotta love this site. Any news on the 4th coach jeremy?

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
Jean Prioleau will join T.J. Otzelberger, Ron Smith, and Jeff Rutler as the new faces on the ISU Men's Basketball staff. Prioleau will be the third and final assistant to Greg McDermott. Prioleau was an assistant at Marquette last season and before that, was an assistant at Wichita State for 5 seasons under Mark Turgeon.

That's it for the coaching staff. A formal announcement for Prioleau will come later this week.

DexterGreen

Mar 25, 2006
Hemau, Germany
When you say "slander" you MEAN "slander" don't you? As in saying "untrue" and "derogatory" things about other sites? Can we still discuss issues we may have with other sites that are true?

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Why rip other sites on here anyway? We all know we've reached the Emerald City, with Jeremy being the Wizard.

Sorry. I couldn't think of an accurate metaphor.

dbronco7sc

Mar 25, 2006
Brookings, SD
Visit site
Exactly, the people reading posts on cyclonefanatic already know how it's the best cyclone sports site on the net... there's no point in making it so we have to sort out great informative posts from ones ripping on other sites that are still contributing to Cyclone Sports none the less...

acrozier22

Mar 17, 2006
Southeast Iowa
Was this like an agreement between all 3 cyclone sites? I see this same post posted by the administrators of Cyclone Nation and Cyclone Report? Do other sites feel threatened?

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
We all agreed that it doesn't help anybody to have negative press out there. We're all Cyclone fans and we need to focus our hatred towards the Hawks:)

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
While I visit all of the ISU sites regularly, I have, out of principle, not subcribed to the 'biggest' one because I'm still waiting on my subscription of their print magazine. I won't mention the site by name, but it's hard to pay for an electronic site that didn't produce what they promised in print.

I'm very happy to see that CylconeFanatic will always be a free site. What more could you ask when Jeremy and Co. also produces the Cyclone news for all of us, first!

CY61

Mar 6, 2006
I have received two magazine in two or three years . It was a lost on my part. This is the best site of Cyclone news and always will be.

woodie

Apr 10, 2006
paula clark runs a very nice site as well as the other cyclone site. but neither one matches cyclone fanatic. this is the best cyclone site. keep up the good work jeremy.

Cyclonefarmer

Mar 23, 2006
rural se North Carolina
Must agree about the other (to remain nameless) site since I'm still owed several issues which I'll never see. So while I won't slander them, it does leave a bad taste in my mouth. And Jeremy, I gotta hate more the way some of the Hawk fans act (and unfortunately the Clones have some bad apples also) rather than hating the Hawks per se. But since a lot of Clonies live in the Midwest and/or Iowa, I can understand how heated the rivalry can get. P.S. Still doing a great job with the site. !amazed

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
I have some potential recruits for Hawkeyes: Stinnett, Westbrook, Evanoich. Just want to help them out some. Any other leads for Alford?