Pitch an idea to new B12 Commish ITT

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Go to 16 teams so we can have 4 pods.
Probably 3 Mt West schools and 1 easter school (e.g. Memphis or USF or Temple or UAB or East Carolina plus AZ schools, and Colorado).
Football stays at 9 conference games (3 pod games and 2 each from other 3 pods).
Get creative with having 3 time zones (e.g. back to back Thursday or Friday night games).
Do cross-conference basketball games by pod (e.g. eastern pod plays SEC; western pod plays PAC 12).
Do more things in major metros (e.g. Denver, KC, DFW, Houston, etc.) for things like basketball.

-AZ, AZ St, BYU, Colorado
-ISU, KSU, KU, OSU
-Tech, BU, TCU, UH
-Memphis (or other), Cincy, WVU, and UCF
**** pods.

1Nation

May 16, 2013
CA
I’ll start.
We will already have unbalanced bball schedules. I propose a Big 12 conference kickoff tournament with the top 4 finishers from the previous year. Winner plays winner, loser plays loser. Location would move every year (Denver, Chicago, Nashville, Dallas, etc.)
Why would the Big 12 play a Big 12 only tournament in Denver, Chicago or Nashville - three states that don't even have Big 12 teams?

Yes I get KC is a Big 12 state without a team as well but it's central to the conference and in proximity to many Big 12 teams.

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
Why would the Big 12 play a Big 12 only tournament in Denver, Chicago or Nashville - three states that don't even have Big 12 teams?

Yes I get KC is a Big 12 state without a team as well but it's central to the conference and in proximity to many Big 12 teams.
1. it’s a destination for fans
2. Do you know how many Big 12 Alumni live in Denver and Chicago?
3. Why is the NFL playing in Munich this year?
4. Missouri hosts the big 12 tourney guess what that state doesn’t have…

1Nation

May 16, 2013
CA
1. it’s a destination for fans
2. Do you know how many Big 12 Alumni live in Denver and Chicago?
3. Why is the NFL playing in Munich this year?
4. Missouri hosts the big 12 tourney guess what that state doesn’t have…
1) Ok I'll buy into that
2) There are more Big 12 Alumni in Texan cities that Denver or Chicago, this sounds like a personal desire for you and not conference benefit
3) The NFL is a global brand, the Big 12 has minimal followers outside of the Midwest and Texas
4) I discussed this one in my original response that you clearly didn't read

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
1) Ok I'll buy into that
2) There are more Big 12 Alumni in Texan cities that Denver or Chicago, this sounds like a personal desire for you and not conference benefit
3) The NFL is a global brand, the Big 12 has minimal followers outside of the Midwest and Texas
4) I discussed this one in my original response that you clearly didn't read
big 12 alumni in Texas get the opportunity to see their team in Houston Waco Fort Worth or Lubbock. This would be for fans that don’t get to see their team all the time.
Apologize for the snarkiness on point 4 I see you addressed that now.

Reactions: 1Nation

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
Play 4 non con games. Sec and acc do it to prop their league up. We should do the same
I want more P5 games not less. If I'm commish I would push for teams playing at least 10 P5 games to be playoff eligible.

Not a fan of the ACC & SEC sandbagging their schedules with non-P5 games.

1Nation

May 16, 2013
CA
big 12 alumni in Texas get the opportunity to see their team in Houston Waco Fort Worth or Lubbock. This would be for fans that don’t get to see their team all the time.
Apologize for the snarkiness on point 4 I see you addressed that now.
All good, we all get our opinions. Was mostly curious why those 3 very specific cities. *Note - I'm not against the tournament, in fact I enjoy the in season tournaments of various professional leagues.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Copy SEC and move our easiest non conf football games to end of year.

Hire an independent company to grade and remove from rotation the most obviously crooked basketball officials we hire.

Reactions: CascadeClone

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
Quick someone send him this thread. The fate of hot tubes in endzones is in your hands

shadow

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Central Iowa
Go to 16 teams so we can have 4 pods.
Probably 3 Mt West schools and 1 easter school (e.g. Memphis or USF or Temple or UAB or East Carolina plus AZ schools, and Colorado).
Football stays at 9 conference games (3 pod games and 2 each from other 3 pods).
Get creative with having 3 time zones (e.g. back to back Thursday or Friday night games).
Do cross-conference basketball games by pod (e.g. eastern pod plays SEC; western pod plays PAC 12).
Do more things in major metros (e.g. Denver, KC, DFW, Houston, etc.) for things like basketball.

-AZ, AZ St, BYU, Colorado
-ISU, KSU, KU, OSU
-Tech, BU, TCU, UH
-Memphis (or other), Cincy, WVU, and UCF

How about 20 teams with 2 divisions? Division winners play for the title.

-WA, WSU, OR, OR St., BYU, Utah, AZ, AZ St., CU, TCU or Tx Tech
-ISU, KSU, KU, OK St, BU, TCU or TX Tech, UH, Cincy, WVU, UCF

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron