PC audio question

Trice

Apr 1, 2010
I recently bought a set of Logitech Z-523 2.1 speakers for my home PC. I needed a compact set of speakers with decent sound that I could hook up a phone or iPad to.

What I realized after purchase is that the volume, bass control, headphone jack and input are all in the right speaker, and for my desk configuration it would be much more convenient to have that on the left. The speakers are specifically labeled left and right.

I was thinking I might just physically switch them, but in researching this it seems like lots of people try to switch the audio output channels on their computer when they have this issue.

Is that necessary? Seems like with two speakers that might be overkill, but I was hoping a techie or audiophile might be able to confirm that.

Jordanj6502

Jan 9, 2010
Ames
I recently bought a set of Logitech Z-523 2.1 speakers for my home PC. I needed a compact set of speakers with decent sound that I could hook up a phone or iPad to.

What I realized after purchase is that the volume, bass control, headphone jack and input are all in the right speaker, and for my desk configuration it would be much more convenient to have that on the left. The speakers are specifically labeled left and right.

I was thinking I might just physically switch them, but in researching this it seems like lots of people try to switch the audio output channels on their computer when they have this issue.

Is that necessary? Seems like with two speakers that might be overkill, but I was hoping a techie or audiophile might be able to confirm that.

For regular use it shouldn't matter. If some movies or videos have surround sound the effects would be flipped, which could be annoying if it is noticeable and relatable to the visual image.

Reactions: Trice

Cy4Patriots

Jan 10, 2011

I just picked up Logitech - Speaker System Z623 those!

Love them so far, I don't think switching them will matter for what you are using them for.