WTB: Paved parking for Iowa

Zarcus

Jan 26, 2007
Since handicapped parking is limited and it would be too long of a day for my 88 year old mother to get there at 7:00 AM. I would like to get a paved reserved parking spot. I am open to location, I don't mind pushing wheel chair on pavement. We normally take her to the step show to see her grandson and then use South entrance to use elevator. Handicapped was sent to S6 last week and we got a spot, but after that they said others would be sent to G7.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Since handicapped parking is limited and it would be too long of a day for my 88 year old mother to get there at 7:00 AM. I would like to get a paved reserved parking spot. I am open to location, I don't mind pushing wheel chair on pavement. We normally take her to the step show to see her grandson and then use South entrance to use elevator. Handicapped was sent to S6 last week and we got a spot, but after that they said others would be sent to G7.

Where are your moms seats?

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018

Alright, its time for you to man up, they cannot send you to G7. If you have a valid handicapped sticker, they MUST park you on the concrete close to the stadium. If they refuse, ask to speak to a supervisor and refuse to move your vehicle until they do. Tell them and show them your mother, do not mess around with the flunky at the gate, and be a prick about it. Inform them, you are parking on the concrete, close to the stadium, its both state and federal law, and if they refuse to do so, then take the names of the attendant and his supervisor and tell them that they, along with the university will be hearing from your lawyer on Monday.

Going on 40 years with a handicapped child has taught me a thing or two. Be nice until it time to be a prick, and then do it, and stand your ground.

I got into it with a man and lady in Estes Park this summer, they parked in a walkway, that was clearly marked, and I told them I could not get my daughter in and out of our van with them parking there. They said that there was no place else to park, and I told them, that is not my problem, they were parking illegally in a walkway. They said they were going to call the office, and I stated, "go ahead".
There are times to be nice, but there is a limit, and when that limit is reached, then you need to stand your ground and say, "I am not doing that". Good luck and be strong.

Last edited:

Zarcus

Jan 26, 2007
Thanks for the pep-talk:) I don't mind not being close to the stadium because I take her to the step show anyway. She is not confined to the wheel chair. But can't walk very much on bad knees. I would just feel more secure knowing we had a spot on concrete.
I think the Iowa game is the only one we will have to worry about.

• Optimistic
Reactions: SEIOWA CLONE

Help Support Us

Become a patron