Pac-12 getting rid of Divisions to determine FB Title Game

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
YES!! 8 regular season games. 9th conference game is a playoff of the top 4 teams in each 3 team pod. Winners go to the CCG.

MEANINGFUL Football in week 13!!
I like this idea, but how do you make the other 4 games not seem sad and unimportant exhibitions?

Need to make them FUN somehow, because trying to make it high-stakes is not gonna work well given these are the also rans. It needs to feel like a bowl game atmosphere. Play for some kind of trophy? Winning team gets an NIL deal to support charity of their choice? Making it tougher, you can't plan ahead at all either, so it wouldnt be rivalry week. Maybe winners get a tiebreak for ccg spots next season??

cyfan92

Sep 20, 2011
Augusta National Golf Club
I like this idea, but how do you make the other 4 games not seem sad and unimportant exhibitions?

Need to make them FUN somehow, because trying to make it high-stakes is not gonna work well given these are the also rans. It needs to feel like a bowl game atmosphere. Play for some kind of trophy? Winning team gets an NIL deal to support charity of their choice? Making it tougher, you can't plan ahead at all either, so it wouldnt be rivalry week. Maybe winners get a tiebreak for ccg spots next season??

The only mitigant I can come up with is to incentivize the teams with better records host home games in the final week. EVERYONE in the athletic department will want the possibility of an additional home game.

If records are tied, CFP ranking or other computer ranking system picks.