over or under number of ISU fans at the United Center

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
I used HotWire which was recommended by someone else and we paid $75 per night in the River North area for a total of $190 for Friday and Saturday night. One downside is that you don't know exactly what hotel you will be staying at, but our hotel is about 1/3 of what we paid for our tickets.

Lock your door AND put a chair against it.

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
People are using their bowl game savings. Thanks to not going to one of those in however many years, people should have an abundance of cash.

DRCHIRO

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 13, 2008
Going with a buddy, had some Hyatt points so have a free room at the one in river north? Hope that's a decent place to be and stay. I think we're only a few miles from the West End Pub.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
I'll guess 8k. 13k if we go to the elite 8. Should have asked cyclonedave for a place to stay. I would have dropped the scrap on the tickets if I had a room.

GoodyISU1

Jul 15, 2014
I guessing 5 to 8 thousand, no more. tickets are hard to get plus unlike KC, things are not as convenient or cost effective as Chicago.

This. I have the time off but the fact that hotels are so expensive in Chicago, plus gas & tolls, holds me back from going.

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
Upper Levels for $260 for both sessions is face value. Lower levels can be had for $600 in the corners or $500 behind the basket. It is expensive for your average fan but not sure you can put a price on being in the United Center when we cut down the nets. As a 38 year old who has watched games since the mid 80's these opportunities don't come around that often. Some of the younger fan don't quite understand how special these last five years have been.

Only seen $250-300 for just 1 session ticket in high 300 level seats.

BeneventiCy28

Feb 9, 2015
Granger
This. I have the time off but the fact that hotels are so expensive in Chicago, plus gas & tolls, holds me back from going.

I've heard of a lot of people on here getting hotels for anywhere from $90-$150 a night downtown in some 4* places. Tickets are the most expensive part of my trip.

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
I would throw in Fizer to the mix also. I know it was a long time ago but if you listen to Chicago sports radio you still hear the "No more ISU yada yada..." This year isn't helping the cause as they are a couple of misses from not even making the playoffs in the East.

Do they realize that all of the good players on the Bulls have been injured most of this season? WTF do they expect?

EMH

Aug 29, 2014
Don't listen to that BS, river north is one of the nicer areas in Chicago.

Yeah seriously, River North is very nice. A lot of people on here make Chicago sound like the entire city is simultaneously too expensive, extremely dangerous, and impossible to get around.

Reality is you have tons of reasonably priced options to stay at if you look outside of the loop area, you have no reason to go into a dangerous neighborhood, and the public transit is some of the best in the nation.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Yeah seriously, River North is very nice. A lot of people on here make Chicago sound like the entire city is simultaneously too expensive, extremely dangerous, and impossible to get around.

Reality is you have tons of reasonably priced options to stay at if you look outside of the loop area, you have no reason to go into a dangerous neighborhood, and the public transit is some of the best in the nation.
Except to go to the game.

Otherwise, everything you say is true.

19clone91

Nov 21, 2013
Denver, CO

In terms of connectivity? Sure. In terms of cleanliness and niceness. Definitely not.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron