OT: Snowblower Deals?

jonnyb21

Apr 18, 2006
With the mild winter we've had so far and with spring just right around the corner, I imagine snowblower sales have been pretty slow this year and many places are sitting on a large inventory.

I've been in the market for a new one for a few years now, but just never pulled thr trigger. I figure with the mild winter we've had, there are going to be a few places trying to unload their inventory instead of sitting on it all summer and fall long.

Has anyone seen any good deals out there at any of the local retailers (DM Metro area) on a new snowblower?

TIA!

leroycyclone

Jan 2, 2010
Boulder, CO
With the mild winter we've had so far and with spring just right around the corner, I imagine snowblower sales have been pretty slow this year and many places are sitting on a large inventory. I figure with the mild winter we've had, there are going to be a few places trying to unload their inventory instead of sitting on it all summer and fall long.

Start at Lowe's and Home Depot. You could check out for the floor models, look for scratches and ask a floor employee for another 10-20% discount. They discount crooked lumber, for example.

Ariens snowblowers are a good choice.

Hardware stores will deal too. They usually show LIST or Suggested Retail, and Sale PRICE, all season long. Cost is 33% off of full Suggested Retail. Try for cost or even less.

aauummm

April is International Guitar Month
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2007
I get around
With the mild winter we've had so far and with spring just right around the corner, I imagine snowblower sales have been pretty slow this year and many places are sitting on a large inventory.

I've been in the market for a new one for a few years now, but just never pulled thr trigger. I figure with the mild winter we've had, there are going to be a few places trying to unload their inventory instead of sitting on it all summer and fall long.

Has anyone seen any good deals out there at any of the local retailers (DM Metro area) on a new snowblower?

TIA!

WalMart in Altoona has a couple of big ones on clearance for $700 (two stage) and a couple of single stage ones for somewhere around $250-$300 (don't recall the exact amount). I was thinking of picking one of them up myself.

cloneluke80

Apr 11, 2006
West Des Moines, IA
Def recommend Ariens... Van Wall on 100th in Urbandale is great and they will match home depot, plus they actually do warranty and service work and are a Cyclone supporter!