NFL: ***Official Week 10 Thread***

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Week 10 kicks off tonight with the Cardinals & Seahawks.
Which Adrian Peterson will show up?

The Vikings play Washington coming off of their bye week. The question now is when will Teddy get some snaps? The Vikings schedule isn't easy so there won't be many options to get him some reps in clean up duty.

Once again the NFL schedules the Cowboys as the national game on Sunday afternoon.
Sunday night is the Patriots visiting Denver. Denver is in a major slide backwards but let's hope some home cooking can help them against the Belicheats

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/21350048/indianapolis-colts-release-cb-vontae-davis

That's a wrap on a weird week for the Colts and Davis. He didn't play last week due to a "non-injury issue", and today he opted for season ending surgery for a groin injury he claims he's been dealing with all season despite not being listed on the injury report since Week 4. More dysfunction for an organization that can't seem to get out of its own way. It's a good thing the Cyclones are finally decent at football, because otherwise this would be a long season for me.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/21350048/indianapolis-colts-release-cb-vontae-davis

That's a wrap on a weird week for the Colts and Davis. He didn't play last week due to a "non-injury issue", and today he opted for season ending surgery for a groin injury he claims he's been dealing with all season despite not being listed on the injury report since Week 4. More dysfunction for an organization that can't seem to get out of its own way. It's a good thing the Cyclones are finally decent at football, because otherwise this would be a long season for me.

From what I've been able to gather from the Davis side of this, he's saying that Colts doctors have been telling him he's fine, but when he went to his own doctors to get a second opinion, they said his muscle is tearing away from the bone in his groin area, and that he needs surgery to repair it. When he informed the Colts of this, they cut him. This whole thing is going to go to arbitration. It's ugly for the Colts, who have a pretty big black eye right now when it comes to personnel stuff.

• Agree
Reactions: jbindm

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
From what I've been able to gather from the Davis side of this, he's saying that Colts doctors have been telling him he's fine, but when he went to his own doctors to get a second opinion, they said his muscle is tearing away from the bone in his groin area, and that he needs surgery to repair it. When he informed the Colts of this, they cut him. This whole thing is going to go to arbitration. It's ugly for the Colts, who have a pretty big black eye right now when it comes to personnel stuff.

Yeah, it's a bad look. Not to mention what the league could do if they find out the Colts were intentionally leaving Davis off the injury report. That could lead to fines or forfeited draft picks. Between this and the Luck debacle I wonder if it won't just be the coaching staff that gets canned. The whole medical and trainer staff might be out on their asses too.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Get your sunglasses out for the Seahawks color rush uniforms
snapshot20161215193832.jpg

Mr Janny

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...ezekiel-elliott-suspended-court-denies-motion

The Zeke Elliott suspension is back on for the time being. I'm guessing another appeal to another court will be coming, but he's expected to miss this weekend at the very least.

Jerry is gonna be pisssssssssssssssed....

I love seeing the owners eat themselves. Last year, Jerry was totally behind Roger in the Brady case. Now it's one of his own guys, and suddenly he's ready to sue the league. It's great theater.

• Agree
Reactions: jbindm

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Jerry is gonna be pisssssssssssssssed....

I love seeing the owners eat themselves. Last year, Jerry was totally behind Roger in the Brady case. Now it's one of his own guys, and suddenly he's ready to sue the league. It's great theater.

Yeah, and on the same day the suspension goes back into effect the NFL announced that they expect an extension for Goodell to be wrapped up soon. Goodell's made a couple of powerful enemies in Robert Kraft and Jerry Jones. Those two have a lot of clout.

Mr Janny

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Yeah, and on the same day the suspension goes back into effect the NFL announced that they expect an extension for Goodell to be wrapped up soon. Goodell's made a couple of powerful enemies in Robert Kraft and Jerry Jones. Those two have a lot of clout.

except, it sounds like the rest of the owners are getting a little sick of Jerry. They booted him out of the compensation committee that he shoehorned his way onto, and the talk is that there are quite a few owners who are just plain sick of him acting like he's the primary owner.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
I don't understand why Jones seems to have so much clout. All the owners have an equal stake. Of course he is a loudmouth that just loves to be in front of the cameras.

Mr Janny

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Another bad beatdown for the Broncos last night. They're trending in the wrong direction as an organization, right now. Look like they're heading for a few years in the lower 3rd of the league. I was just looking at some stats, and while the offense is terrible, and deserves a large, large part of the blame for their state, the defense is not without its flaws. They're not too bad, yardage-wise, but are giving up a ton more points than they have compared to the last few years. Also, opposing qbs are performing much better against them. Elway does not seem like a patient man. I wonder how long before he blows things up, or if a reboot is even something he would consider. They are a long way from competing for division titles and championships, and the worst thing you can be in the NFL is mediocre.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron