***Official Star Wars Episode VII Thread*** (SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!)

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
My copy showed up.

Usually when I get blu-rays I've already seen the movie and that's not the case here.

I go right for the "extras" because I geek out over behind the scenes/process.

I'll have to watch the movie first in this case.

Spoiler: Darth Vader is dead the whole time.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011

Rogue52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 20, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
I still think she is the grand daughter of Obi-Wan Kenobi, so we may never actually see her parents in any film.

Cybyassociation

Mar 5, 2008
Lotta haters around the web on the new movie. I watched it again and when Rey uses the force to grab Anakin/Luke's lightsaber and the "Force Theme" starts playing...the chills you feel, yeah, those are legit. This movie does an amazing job of connecting the last 3 while opening doors for the future.

khardbored

Oct 20, 2012
Middle of the Midwest
I just noticed something with closed captioning that I didn't pick up on in the theater -- in the scene where Rey is sneaking around Starkiller base before Han, Chewie and Finn run into her:

There are two stormtroopers nearby who are quietly having a conversation:

"Have you checked out the new T-17s?"
"The T-17s, as far as I can tell, are a great improvement."

This is a throwback/homage to a scene in Ep. IV where Obi-Wan is sneaking around the first Death Star, and two stormtroopers in the background are having this conversation:

"You seen that new VT-16?"
"Yeah, some of the other guys were telling me about it. They say it's… it's quite a thing to see…"

I know it's a bit corny, but I like these little "tributes" to the original Trilogy.

:spinny:

SaraV

Staff member
Mar 13, 2012
[video=youtube;RS9LPPOIEZM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RS9LPPOIEZM[/video]