*** Official Selection Sunday Thread ***

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
All the weight given to “non-conference strength of schedule” is such a load of hooey. They need to look at the entire body of work. Plus, it’s not our fault that the little hawkeyes are total trash.
Double-counting the non-con SOS is a big effort to try to get more P6 matchups early in the season.

Either that or these guys are too dumb to realize they are double-counting it.

Reactions: alexssdean12

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
When you say that you look at the entire season overall and then say you say non-conference was a factor, then you are contradicting yourself. You are not looking at the season overall. You are putting more weight on one part of the season more than another.

They don't talk to be accurate. They just do their thing and throw words around.

stateofmind

Jul 16, 2007
Ankeny
Fair but worrying about G5 teams as a Big12 champion with your resume is wild. You legit have a cake walk
The only issue I have is our coach facing his old team with 2 Cyclones on the staff. The motivation for SDSU and Drake is HUGE. It would be nice to get the same quality teams that have no emotional attachment to ISU.

Last edited:

groomsie

Sep 22, 2011
Stoughton, WI
I can't believe that there is almost no weight put into the conf tourney (literally your most recent games) and this big weight on non con (teams can change over the course of a year). Also say you take the whole season into account but literally ignoring the conference tournament games doesn't make sense
Agree. Several years back I had understood that because the Sunday conference tournament championship was too late to react to on seeding was a reason the B12 moved the tournament championship to Saturday. It seems it has changed further so that Saturday also doesn't matter.

Kettes

Sep 18, 2022
I am not worried about it but putting us against teams that are the same distance if not closer in the first 2 rounds and in a region with 3 other teams that absolutely dominated their conference tournaments
Do you think any of those fan bases are glad that ISU is with them?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron