*** Official Selection Sunday Thread ***

Cyhig

Nov 29, 2017
Fair but worrying about G5 teams as a Big12 champion with your resume is wild. You legit have a cake walk
This is called preparing our nut cups. We’re used to it. Think the worst is going to happen, so if it does, you’re adequately prepared.

ISU fans have been kicked in the nuts far too often. We know better now. Yes, we sound crazy, but it’s how we function

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
I bet UCONN poops the bed. We won’t have to go through them.

And if they don’t, it means we got to the Elite 8 to have to worry about it. That is a massively successful season. And then you leave it all out there against UCONN, if it is them.

Creighton beat UCONN by 20 and Seton Hall by 25 and they also lost to Kansas. They are beatable.

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
Well, maybe BYU will shoot their wad and beat UConn, and then be too gassed to do it twice in a row.

• Optimistic
Reactions: mkadl

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
FYI that South Dakota State played two Big 12 teams this year and lost both. By 23 at KSU and by three to UCF in a holiday tourney.

NET: 135
KenPom: 134
Q1: O (0-1)
Q4: 4 losses
Q5: 5 losses

Rogue52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 20, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
I feel like conference tournaments meaning nothing is just the committee being lazy. Tough to reassess teams gaining multiple Quad 1 wins hours before you have to release the bracket.

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
I can't believe that there is almost no weight put into the conf tourney (literally your most recent games) and this big weight on non con (teams can change over the course of a year). Also say you take the whole season into account but literally ignoring the conference tournament games doesn't make sense

• Informative
Reactions: drmwevr08

HoustonClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
amazing that something that was a national story all day wasn't even on the committees radar. this selection process clearly needs to change.

It's as if they said...."here's our bracket...just tell us the teams we HAVE to put in that aren't on it" while keeping everyone else in the same place.

caulkasian

Dec 26, 2018
The sentiment I'm getting from this blowhard on CBS is that Iowa State was getting a 4 seed, then the Big 12 Tournament was nationally televised and the committee was forced to amend this to a 2 seed. I guarantee if Baylor beats us, we were riding that 4 seed and Kansas is bumped to a 3.
And then Houston, despite having its back blown out in the championship, is riding that #1 overall seed . . .

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
So, the committee is saying the non- conference schedule is more important than the conference schedule, and the conference tournament is literally meaningless.

Big 12 should go back to 18 games or even 16. Moving to 20 next year is the opposite of what we need. They're saying we have to play the best conference schedule...by a large margin...and also the best non conference schedule because that's MORE important than playing in the Power One conference.

It's stupid but we cannot help the Big Ten and SEC are swallowing up football brands ignoring basketball and creating a basketball super conference that is the toughest every year.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
The sentiment I'm getting from this blowhard on CBS is that Iowa State was getting a 4 seed, then the Big 12 Tournament was nationally televised and the committee was forced to amend this to a 2 seed. I guarantee if Baylor beats us, we were riding that 4 seed and Kansas is bumped to a 3.

I mean, the way they seeded us that's not wrong. We finished 2nd in the best conference, we won the conference tournament, and we gave Houston 2 god damned losses this year. But I bet if we had lost last night we would still be a 4.

Thomasrickj

Feb 26, 2012
Arlington, VA
CBS showed a graphic of the ranking for the top 4 seeds in all regions and had ISU as number 8. That is so stupidly wrong and the committee should feel dumb. ISU was ranked number 7 then goes on to demolish Baylor and Houston. The selection committee had Baylor as the number 9 team so they’re saying we are only one spot better than them. This means that we got worse by beating the second best team and an extremely good Baylor: This is absolute disrespect.