*** Official Selection Sunday Thread ***

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
Why even play the Conf. Tourney? Whats the point we were the #8/9 overall seed going in, and totally killed the tourney, and we are the 8th seed after. When everyone else above us outside UConn blew theirs.

BS just quit playing the tourney, total bs.

FriendlySpartan

Jul 26, 2021
The only issue I have is our coach facing his old coach with 2 Cyclones on the staff. The motivation for SDSU and Drake is HUGE. It would be nice to get the same quality teams that have no emotional attachment to ISU.
Sure but your talent and skill is miles ahead. Shouldn’t even matter if they have your whole playbook you can just crush G5 teams with your defense and talent. It’s an incredible draw

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
This just blows me away, ISU is currently ranked 6th in the country, our NET is also 6th after all the games have been played. We won our conference tournament beating teams that were #3 and #1 seeds all by double digits, but somehow we are the lowest ranked #2 seed. So, the committee is saying that ISU is really the 8th best team in the country even though all the other data says otherwise, because our SOS was still 8th because of our out of conference schedule.

Face it, we were screwed.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Do you think any of those fan bases are glad that ISU is with them?

From the David/Goliath look (which I've been saying is no more in the current era, great timing), yes.

If ISU and Drake both win, that would be the big moment for Devries.

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
Searching hard for postives here.

At least maybe we can get the best scout ever on Drake??

Maybe BYU gets a mass diabetic medical episode from all the sugar soda they drink?

Maybe UConn runs out of money from not having football and decides they have no choice but to fold their basketball program after the first weekend??

Idk.

We are a #2 seed and just destroyed a #1 and #3 seeds this weekend. When we play like that, we can play with anybody.

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
When Jamie was on the selection committee 3 years ago, he said ISU was an 8 seed when the committee began their final discussions. He said he had to leave the room 3 times when ISU was being discussed, and each time he was allowed to return ISU had been downgraded. After returning to the room the 3rd time, ISU had been downgraded to an 11 seed.

I'm certain the same thing took place this year. What a crock of sh*t.

Oh well, just as they did 3 years ago when they got to the sweet 16 as an 11 seed, our guys just have to beat whoever they put in our bracket and prove the committee wrong once again.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
If you’re UConn, you kinda got to be pissed too.

You’re the overall #1 and you have BYU, Illinois, Auburn, Iowa State
We’re in that mess too. Who does Jamie have to sleep with for us to not to get it a terrible draw?

cyatheart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2008
The sentiment I'm getting from this blowhard on CBS is that Iowa State was getting a 4 seed, then the Big 12 Tournament was nationally televised and the committee was forced to amend this to a 2 seed. I guarantee if Baylor beats us, we were riding that 4 seed and Kansas is bumped to a 3.
No question, def a 4 if we lost to Baylor

• Agree
Reactions: ChickenNuggetMan

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
He was talking about how he doesn't understand why the noncon sos matters. If they say they want overall body of work, then noncon shouldn't matter is what he said.

And if they were saying that we didn't get the 4th #1 seed b/c UNC had a better non-con, then that's a legit argument. I would disagree, but it is valid.

BUT WE GOT THE #8 SEED. WHAT IN THE ACTUAL ****.

FriendlySpartan

Jul 26, 2021
This just blows me away, ISU is currently ranked 6th in the country, our NET is also 6th after all the games have been played. We won our conference tournament beating teams that were #3 and #1 seeds all by double digits, but somehow we are the lowest ranked #2 seed. So, the committee is saying that ISU is really the 8th best team in the country even though all the other data says otherwise, because our SOS was still 8th because of our out of conference schedule.

Face it, we were screwed.
You weren’t screwed you have the easiest path to the elite 8 by a long shot. Are you really scared of Illinois or BYu? You shouldn’t be

Help Support Us

Become a patron