NFL: *** Official Preseason Thread ***

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I really want to watch DM some more but that's awesome if he's held out.

Gotta feel good for him to be solidified and his only presaeson action was just a snippet.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
They had an 100 yard field line up but 20 yards was unplayable I think.
Yes and the reason was because the goalposts had to be moved and left a hole in the field. A problem that should have been foreseen

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
This. He clearly thrives on being polarizing, and loves to prove people wrong. I can't fault him for that. If that's what motivates him, so be it. But, like you said, I'm curious how that bravado is going to hold up if they start losing. Fans love antics like his when you win, but nothing gets old faster than a cocky loser.

SEE: Manziel, Johnny

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...ed-playoffs-likely-focus-over-18-game-season/

So the preseason would be reduced to two games and each conference would get a seventh playoff team, and the two seed in each conference would no longer have a first round bye. Under this system last year the seven seed Steelers would have played at the two seed Pats and the Vikings would have traveled to LA to play the Rams in a revamped first round format.

What do you think? Is it watering down the playoffs or making things more interesting?

Last edited:

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...ed-playoffs-likely-focus-over-18-game-season/

So the preseason would be reduced to two games and each conference would get a seventh playoff team, and the two seed in each conference would no longer have a first round bye. Under this system last year the Steelers and Vikings would have been in.

What do you think? Is it watering down the playoffs or making things more interesting?
If the alternative is an 18 game regular season, I like it. More meaningful games. As an alternative to a 16 game season, it slightly waters things down, but not so much that I think it's out of whack. You're still looking at less than half of the league making the playoffs, and having the best record is still rewarded. It seems like a decent compromise.

• Agree
Reactions: jbindm

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
If the alternative is an 18 game regular season, I like it. More meaningful games. As an alternative to a 16 game season, it slightly waters things down, but not so much that I think it's out of whack. You're still looking at less than half of the league making the playoffs, and having the best record is still rewarded. It seems like a decent compromise.

I think I agree. It really puts a ton of additional importance on the already-critical top seed since the two seed wouldn't even get a bye, but if the alternative is either more of the same (four preseason games and sixteen regular season) or a two game preseason and an eighteen game regular season then I'm on board with this.

More Cinderella team potential, too. Even with all the turmoil in Pittsburgh last year I wouldn't have put it past the Steelers to go to Foxboro as a seven seed and knock off the Pats.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Last preseason games all played tonight. Rosters have to be cut to 53 by 4 PM EST on Saturday, so this is the last chance for guys on the bubble to make an impression.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Lazard is out tonight with injury. Would that still be the concussion then?

That stinks for him to not show some more tonight.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Lazard is out tonight with injury. Would that still be the concussion then?

That stinks for him to not show some more tonight.

Yeah I'd think hurts his chances even more so. Too bad. Couple of Packers fans I know were really happy with him and think he should have a spot but believe the Packers organization will play to the draft picks to hold face on draft choices.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron