NFL: *** Official Preseason Thread ***

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
I didn't link the picture of the soles of his feet, but holy ******* hell. My first thought was whether or not doctors will be able to save the feet, let alone get him back on the field.
Yeah, I'd seen them last night, when the cause was unknown. Disgusting. But now, knowing that it's self inflicted? It's pretty hilarious.

• Agree
Reactions: jbindm

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Yeah, I'd seen them last night, when the cause was unknown. Disgusting. But now, knowing that it's self inflicted? It's pretty hilarious.

I hope they caught it on film but I kind of doubt it. What are the chances that Jon "take things back to 1998" Gruden would allow a cryotherapy machine in the Raiders training facility?

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
Hard Knocks starting up in 5 minutes on HBO. Hopefully will be good. May be hard to live up to the expectations for it though.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...s-for-holding-fundraiser-for-president-trump/

I realize this veers into political territory, but I wanted to post just in reference to the football side of it because I think the story might have legs depending on how Stephen Ross reacts. Stills is one of the top three wide receivers (arguably the best) in an overall pretty weak position group for Miami. If they trade him or release him now the only conclusion could be that it's a retaliatory move for Stills speaking his mind.

Mods can feel free to delete this post if you want to stick to sports here. I just think it comes at an interesting time for the league and I'll be curious to see how the Dolphins handle it.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Bears and Cardinals both play tonight so Montgomery and Butler should get to see some playing time.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Bears and Cardinals both play tonight so Montgomery and Butler should get to see some playing time.

The Cardinals game might be kind of interesting as preseason games go. Butler playing, Kyler Murray's debut, and we'll see how much of his playbook Kingsbury shows.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
The Cardinals game might be kind of interesting as preseason games go. Butler playing, Kyler Murray's debut, and we'll see how much of his playbook Kingsbury shows.
Didn't even think about Murray.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Didn't even think about Murray.

Yeah, I won't put a ton of stock in the entire preseason (let alone the first one). But I'm just curious to see how his size and speed translate to the pro game.

I think he'll be OK but I mostly want to see if he's smart enough to get out of bounds or slide when he takes off out of the pocket. I remember him being willing to take on tacklers and getting hit a ton last season at OU. That's probably not going to fly at the pro level. Defenders are too big and too fast.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Agreed that both teams win this one. Duke is a good back, especially as a receiver, but he wasn't going to get time with the Browns.

My only criticism for the Browns is that it doesn't leave much depth behind Nick Chubb for the first half of the season while Hunt serves his suspension. But capable running backs aren't that hard to find, and Cleveland was right to identify a potential distraction and get him out of there.

Cyientist

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 18, 2013
Ankeny

From following Cardinals training camp, it think Butler could use some strong outings in these games to not get buried on the depth chart. It sounds like their late round pick, Johnson, has been outperforming all of the rookies and they are high on Isabella who they drafted in front of Butler.

Similar issues Butler had at ISU, with for every big play he has he will be inconsistent with drops.

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018

The Chiefs realize they are in a 2-4 year window were they can win a super bowl, before Mahomes becomes a drag on the team salary wise. They are attempting to revamp their defense and bring in as much talent on that side of the ball as possible.
With a half way decent defense last year, they could have won the super bowl. It will be interesting to see how they look on D this year.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
The Chiefs realize they are in a 2-4 year window were they can win a super bowl, before Mahomes becomes a drag on the team salary wise. They are attempting to revamp their defense and bring in as much talent on that side of the ball as possible.
With a half way decent defense last year, they could have won the super bowl. It will be interesting to see how they look on D this year.

I think a team's window should always be open if they have an elite franchise QB like Mahomes, but yeah. They'll never be able to surround him with as much talent as they can afford to right now with him on his rookie deal. After he gets paid it'll be on him to elevate a flawed roster with his play unless they get lucky and stack some really good drafts one year on top of the other.

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
Wow read this entire thread on Antonio Brown going nuts about not being able to use his old helmet (click on timestamp in tweet to read the rest of the posts):

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron