*** Official Iowa State Season Thread ***

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA
Holy ****.....I caught the tail end of the game on the radio and heard John say "And Solomon gets called for the charge......and the.....manager.....takes the charge." I thought he was making a joke about how Tech had already cleared their bench, never even crossed my mind that a team manager had been put in the game.

This is rock bottom. Has to be. I don't even know how it could be worse aside from a Baylor situation or maybe just not even fielding a team.

discydisc

Flag Designer Extraordinaire
Jan 14, 2014
Ames
Holy ****.....I caught the tail end of the game on the radio and heard John say "And Solomon gets called for the charge......and the.....manager.....takes the charge." I thought he was making a joke about how Tech had already cleared their bench, never even crossed my mind that a team manager had been put in the game.

This is rock bottom. Has to be. I don't even know how it could be worse aside from a Baylor situation or maybe just not even fielding a team.
But we didn't let him get up a shot, so there's that...

Yaz

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 29, 2018
Not only did their bench out score us, their walk on and managers did too.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
I still can't believe that the announcers think that Prohm is irreplaceable... Literally anyone can lose all of the conference games.
Seriously? I could have zero broadcast experience, no knowledge of either team other than their record(s), and I couldn't say anything as vacuous or unintellegent!

Last edited:
  • Optimistic
Reactions: CycloneErik

flynnhicks03

The Man That You Love to Hate
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
www.mapcon.com
Seriously? I could have zero broadcast experience (which I do), no knowledge of either team other than their record(s), and even I couldn't say anything so vacuous or unintellegent!

I don't mean to brag, but I'm pretty sure I could lose all of the conference games, too.

Edit: oops, replied to the wrong post...

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
As the clock was winding down and the announcer said that the student manager shouldn't take the shot because it would embarrass the opposing team, I was wondering how the fact that the student manager being in the game at all was not already passed the point of embarrassment. Might as well have let the kid take a shot.

He should have been bombing away.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron