***Official College Football Playoff Rankings***

bradcyclone

Jan 25, 2009
Alabama got exposed even though they won. If they play defense like that, bound to give up points to Clemson and or Ohio State.

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
Cincinnati loses by at least 2 scores to everyone else in the top 15, maybe top 20. I've watched a couple of their games and they are a little above average.
Yep, go through the top-15 and tell me who you would be confident in picking them to beat.

I will give them Indiana, USC, Northwestern maybe and that's about it. I think Coastal is better than they are.

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
Alabama got exposed even though they won. If they play defense like that, bound to give up points to Clemson and or Ohio State.
They are a lot like OU from year's past. Although their defense can have days where they play ok. OU was always awful on defense. Bama will score on Ohio State and Clemson though.

Darius Bieber

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 22, 2017
San Antonio, TX
Still hoping for the Fiesta Bowl, even after games not going our way today. Going to the AlamoBowl would just not be a rewarding end to the season at all.

Reactions: jctisu

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
While I agree I think with ND getting blown out they are the most deserving team. Maybe OU.
Why does Cincy get in over ND just because the Irish got blown out by arguably the best team in the country? With Lawrence and a healthy defense, they are the best team in my opinion.

Cincy squeaked by the only top-25 team they played this year. OU I can entertain I guess, but even then I don't know if I buy them either. I hate Notre Dame, but Cincy over them is crazy. A&M and OU may have a shot here though.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
Automatic NY6 Bids
Alabama (SEC)
Clemson (ACC)
Ohio State (B1G)
Oklahoma (Big 12)
Oregon (Pac-12)
Cincinnati (AAC/G5)

Presumed Autos
Notre Dame (either in CFP or Orange)
Texas A&M (either in CFP or Orange)

Contingent Autos
North Carolina (if ND in CFP, goes to Orange as next-highest ACC team)
Georgia (if A&M in CFP, goes to Orange as next-highest SEC/B1G team)

Potential At-Large Pool (2-4 teams; selections based on final ranking)
Iowa State (8-3) - Big 12 runner-up
Florida (8-3) - SEC runner-up
Georgia (7-2)
North Carolina (8-3)
Indiana (6-1)
Coastal (11-0)

quasistellar

Feb 29, 2016
Just about everything that could go against ISU today has gone against ISU today.

A great season but with bowls moving and teams already opting out I am having a hard time getting excited for any bowl game. I guess just to end the season on a win will have to do but I'm pretty soured on the whole post season this year.

andybernard

Oct 22, 2009
Crazy to think if we got 34 more yards, we'd be holding our breaths to see if we snuck into the CFP (although probably not).

As it is, we're holding our breaths to see if we finish in the top 10.

AppleCornCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 13, 2020
Automatic NY6 Bids
Alabama (SEC)
Clemson (ACC)
Ohio State (B1G)
Oklahoma (Big 12)
Oregon (Pac-12)
Cincinnati (AAC/G5)

Presumed Autos
Notre Dame (either in CFP or Orange)
Texas A&M (either in CFP or Orange)

Contingent Autos
North Carolina (if ND in CFP, goes to Orange as next-highest ACC team)
Georgia (if A&M in CFP, goes to Orange as next-highest SEC/B1G team)

Potential At-Large Pool (2-4 teams; selections based on final ranking)
Iowa State (8-3) - Big 12 runner-up
Florida (8-3) - SEC runner-up
Georgia (7-2)
North Carolina (8-3)
Indiana (6-1)
Coastal (11-0)

I think it's ISU, Indiana, and Coastal Carolina competing for the last spot.

Reactions: agentbear

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
Crazy to think if we got 34 more yards, we'd be holding our breaths to see if we snuck into the CFP (although probably not).

As it is, we're holding our breaths to see if we finish in the top 10.
Honestly being #6 and Notre Dame getting destroyed today, we really could have had a shot at it. Sucks to be this close to something that crazy. But hopefully this is the start of many of these opportunities.

Darius Bieber

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 22, 2017
San Antonio, TX
Most of the newest projections still have us going to the Fiesta Bowl. And every single comment on those are about us not deserving it. When did we become the baddies?

Reactions: aauummm

Urbandale2013

Jan 28, 2018
Urbandale
Why does Cincy get in over ND just because the Irish got blown out by arguably the best team in the country? With Lawrence and a healthy defense, they are the best team in my opinion.

Cincy squeaked by the only top-25 team they played this year. OU I can entertain I guess, but even then I don't know if I buy them either. I hate Notre Dame, but Cincy over them is crazy. A&M and OU may have a shot here though.
The goal is to find out who the best team is. ND clearly is not better than Clemson. If they were competitive they should have been in since they split but it wasn’t competitive.

Do I think Cincinnati is good enough no but we will never find out if they don’t get the opportunity.

The same thing goes for A&M. They already had their chance and got blown out.

It really comes down to certain teams have already had their shot against Alabama and Clemson.

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
Most of the newest projections still have us going to the Fiesta Bowl. And every single comment on those are about us not deserving it. When did we become the baddies?
When Cincinnati and Coastal Carolina went undefeated against women soccer teams. Still think Coastal has a way better resume than Cincy

• Agree
Reactions: Urbandale2013

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
The goal is to find out who the best team is. ND clearly is not better than Clemson. If they were competitive they should have been in since they split but it wasn’t competitive.

Do I think Cincinnati is good enough no but we will never find out if they don’t get the opportunity.

The same thing goes for A&M. They already had their chance and got blown out.

It really comes down to certain teams have already had their shot against Alabama and Clemson.
Notre Dame is 1-1 vs. Clemson. Again Lawrence or no Lawrence they still beat them, scoring 47 on the Tigers. Lawrence doesn't play defense as far as I know. I would give you Coastal over Cincy. I think everyone whining about Cincy is hilarious. Coastal has two better wins than Cincy has. They challenged themselves by taking the BYU game on short-notice and have a win over Louisiana who beat the regular season Big 12 champs, us.

And in that same regard, why did OU get another shot at us when we beat them already and finished alone atop the Big 12? Why did Clemson get a second shot at ND despite losing the head to head and ND finishing alone atop the ACC? Why? Because that's what the conferences set up. The CFP is the exact same thing. If that stupid committee thinks ND or any team is one of the top-4 and deserves another shot at it, that's what they think.

I've watched several Cincy games, and they are a solid team. Not top-4 if you are trying to find the best team. I think you are asking for most deserving. In which that would be Coastal if pushing for a G5 team. If you are trying to find the best team, not one person can seriously look me in the eye and say that team is Cincy.

• Dislike
Reactions: Urbandale2013

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
That was always going to be the narrative, sadly. To outside fans, us not winning today means we and the rest of the conference are just bad and we got lucky to end up in the CCG at all.

Reactions: Lewey24

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
This season right now is exactly why you need to have a playoff that gets at least all the P5 champs in. At this exact moment nobody can really make that great of an argument for anyone to be #4. I want to get to where other sports are. Where winning matters.

Make the games actually count. All of you P5 schools know before the start of the season exactly what you have to do. Win your conference. If you don't, then tough crap, it was your fault for not doing so.

The G5 thing is trickier, but at least get to where all P5 champs are in for starters. I am even so hardcore to where it's cut throat. Only conference champs and the top-ranked G5 team get in. That's it. It was all done on the field, so you have no excuses for not getting in.

Top 2 seeds get a bye and home games, while the 3 and 4 seeds in the first rd get home games. Then the only complaining we have is within the G5 itself should we have a situation like this year with Cincy and Coastal. Let them figure that out, but at least a G5 has a guaranteed spot at the table each year. Could the two best teams be from the same conference? Sure. But tough crap, you will have your opportunity in your conference then to show you are the best. If you don't win your conference, you don't get a second chance. No second chances, and then we are all playing by the same rules.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron