***OFFICIAL BIG 12 EXPANSION THREAD 2.0***

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
I like to follow a couple of the WV "insiders" for entertainment value if nothing else...they've already made some claims the last few months that turned out to be wrong so they've went from a question mark in my mind to Greg Swaim. Anyways, here is another chance for them to redeem themselves and get themselves out of the Greg Swaim category in my mind.

The Dude and MHver3 are saying on twitter today that the Big 10 is voting tonight to likely kick out Penn State and replace them with Virginia.

Let's pretend for a second that happened to be true. Then you can bet VA Tech is soon to bolt for the SEC and the rest of the ACC can be shaken up with the bad guy to point a finger at not being Slive or Delany, but the bad guy for realignment round 3 is Penn State.

I'll believe it when I see it, but assuming this scenario has any legs to it, Virginia would be a good get for the Big 10. Fits the academic profile of the conference (minus kNU).

There i$ no chance of thi$ happening. But $tupidity a$ it i$, the big 12 $hould explore adding P$U

I really don't want Pedo State in our conference, but I think the Big 12's fans could harass them in ways that Big 10 fans couldn't even dream of.

cykadelic2

Jun 10, 2006
Add Penn St. and Florida St. and call it good.

With PSU likely facing an extended TV and bowl ban, any current BCS conference would be absolute idiots to add PSU at this point.

And I will be shocked if the B10 boots PSU.

scyclonekid

Feb 13, 2008
The Big Ten is not going to boot them for crying out loud, geesh these guys are ultimate poop flingers to the wall and hope it sticks guys. If and big IF PSU gets da boot, why in the hell would we want that toxic program in our conference whoever thinks this is a good idea are idiots.

scyclonekid

Feb 13, 2008
If these penalties come to light is PSU going to grant players the possibility to transfer and the NCAA not let them sit out a year and let them play immediately.

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
A realignment scenario for some time in 2014...

(Ring...ring...ring...)

"Hello?"

"Hey [Big 12 Commisioner] Bob [Bowlsby], this is [SEC Commissioner] Mike [Slive]. You know, this 14-team thing is just a big pain in the backside, and it just isn't working out. In fact, it's a big mess. Since our two conferences are all partnered and buddied up now, I'm wondering if you could help us out...by maybe taking a couple of schools off our hands, like maybe MU and Vandy. As far as cheating goes, Vandy is pretty clean, so they don't really fit well with us, but they would fit good with you guys. MSU is a great shcool, and an MU/MSU combo would really expand your footprint. Or maybe you want to go back to the good ol' days and take back MU and TAMU??? Since you are 'The Big 12 Conference', with only ten members, it would fix your problem and mine. Help a buddy out, Bob!!! Restore some sanity to this conference alighment mess!!"

"Oh no, no, no, no, no, no, no. I don't think Vandy or MSU really fit what we are looking for. But...If you were willing to throw in...say, Arkansas, we might consider taking MU back. What the hec, if you were to throw in LSU or UF, we might even take the Mason Jars back!!"

"Hmmm...Bob, let me get back to you on that..."

bellzisu

Apr 15, 2006
Norwalk
I just couldn't believe all the people that thought we should just go to the MAC or CUSA if the Big 12 disbanded instead of the Big East or what not.

No way we would have CPR, Hoiberg, Fennely here if that happened.

Palmer

Jun 10, 2008
Johnston, IA
I just couldn't believe all the people that thought we should just go to the MAC or CUSA if the Big 12 disbanded instead of the Big East or what not.

No way we would have CPR, Hoiberg, Fennely here if that happened.

Including the local media.

boone7247

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 15, 2011
Near the City
Not saying it is creditable but the dude of wv says, louisville and FSU, if the CCG money is right. Paraphrased. Once again I will believe it if I see it. Also as far as I can tell he is the only one saying anything.

scyclonekid

Feb 13, 2008
I say its FSU, Clemson, Louisville, and drum roll Pitt. There, now I am that guy I can sling the pooh as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron