***OFFICIAL BIG 12 EXPANSION THREAD 2.0***

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DistrictCyclone

I want 16!!!! Fsu, nd, ga tech, Clemson, and 2 others.

Why the hell not; I'll take a Virginia and a North Carolina school for the remaining 2. Chance to become a beast of a conference with some interesting match-ups, and breaks the ACC wide open along the way.

justcynn

Sep 28, 2009
Cabot, AR
Big 12 already has realized that splitting the pot with 10 is better than 12 or 14 or 16 UNLESS 11, 12, 13, 14 etc incrementally add value. Competitively - more than 10 is good IF we can go back to 8 conf games - but that seems unlikely so if we are only adding teams that "add value", then the big 12 only gets tougher right? Its pretty tough already - therefore I support a 12 team conference with divisions and championship - best case we make a field goal or two and sneak into the championship once or twice a decade. It almost happened, to happen again we need divisions.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
That's 2 days to talk about it with no info on there.

Way to go, Clemson! Way to go! That really will stimulate the message board economy. More people could learn about simple publicity from this, if that's what they're looking for.

D

DistrictCyclone

That's 2 days to talk about it with no info on there.

Way to go, Clemson! Way to go! That really will stimulate the message board economy. More people could learn about simple publicity from this, if that's what they're looking for.

The chatter on Tigerboard East seems to suggest that this is either:

A) an academic announcement
B) a tuition increase

I don't see how either of those (especially the latter) warrant a press conference in which they've invited alumni to view...

Gorm

With any luck we will be there by Tuesday.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 6, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Are you suggesting that the press conference will be to announce...a new website? That might be cool if it were 1996.

No...but a new re-vamped website to be released on Friday with Clemson to Big 12 announcement would certainly drive traffic.

I think the dominoes will fall quickly once one school leaves the ACC.

Gorm

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 6, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Clemson also canceled several home and away series today.

Clemson athletic director Terry Don Phillips confirmed that CU and Ole Miss had mutually agreed to terminate their nonconference home-and-home series, set for 2015-16. In addition, Phillips said that Clemson’s home-and-home with Oklahoma State, tentatively set for 2019-20, was also being cancelled.
It is a direct result of the schedule pressures applied by the ACC’s new football schedule, expected to go into place for 2013

Gorm

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 6, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
I think we need to get some plane tracking. What planes have been going in and out of Clemsons airport??? :yes:

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Is clemson that good at football or basketball? I honestly don't know just curious.

CrossCyed

Mar 30, 2006
Clemson fans think it's an announcement for their university's fundraising goals.

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
Is clemson that good at football or basketball? I honestly don't know just curious.

In football they have won the most conference titles (14) of any ACC member (FSU is 2nd with 12 ACC football titles)

Clemson has never won the ACC title in Men's basketball

Gorm

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 6, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Clemson fans think it's an announcement for their university's fundraising goals.

Could be easily verified by looking at how they have handled those types of announcements in the past.

Seems like they are making a big deal just for a fundraiser.

D

DistrictCyclone

Clemson also canceled several home and away series today.

Clemson athletic director Terry Don Phillips confirmed that CU and Ole Miss had mutually agreed to terminate their nonconference home-and-home series, set for 2015-16. In addition, Phillips said that Clemson’s home-and-home with Oklahoma State, tentatively set for 2019-20, was also being cancelled.
It is a direct result of the schedule pressures applied by the ACC’s new football schedule, expected to go into place for 2013

Yeah...and OSU's reaction seemed very tame (I think it was "we understand")...maybe because they know they'll be playing Clemson plenty of times in the next few years :yes:

I'm either going to be jacked beyond belief tomorrow afternoon, or completely despondent.

Status
Not open for further replies.