***Official Baseball Sucks Thread***

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Alot of you guys are probably the same ones who sucked at baseball growing up so have now turned into "softball guy". The ones who show up in full unforim and eye black for a night rec league coed game.

Once you realized it was alot easier to hit a 12 inch ball in only 3 trys, you had truly found your calling. Lol

I was decent at baseball. I hung dong on a guy that played for the Hawks. I even made a 2nd team All-State team, which was undeserved.

Never could hit a ******* curveball though..

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I love Football, love the hell out of it, but there is nothing in sports that beats the drama of a 2 out, runner in scoring situation, down 1 battle between a pitcher and a hitter. Nothing.

Me too in football. Fall Saturdays are great and I grew up around it.

And I don't even follow baseball but the actual chess match that takes place is far more fascinating than one team simply being more physically capable and using that to win.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Me too in football. Fall Saturdays are great and I grew up around it.

And I don't even follow baseball but the actual chess match that takes place is far more fascinating than one team simply being more physically capable and using that to win.

Do you know what is better than the “chess match” in baseball? An actual chess match.

LarryISU

Feb 10, 2013
Omaha
The "baseball sucks because it takes so long" crowd better hate football too...

But so many baseball games involve 1- 4 runs scored in 3+ hours. At least with football I can get 5 - 10 scores in that same time. Plus with football there are a lot of exciting non-scoring plays. Not so much in baseball: groundout, strike out, walk, fly out, ball one, ball two, strike one, foul ball, ball three, foul ball, foul ball, single to left.... At our football games we jump up and high five maybe 25 times. At a baseball game, maybe on average you get about 5 things to get that enthused about. At least for me this is true.

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL
If you can't appreciate the beauty of a breaking ball, or watching grown ass men do stuff like this:
giphy.gif

Then I can't help you.

I'll take, "Stupid things people do when the actual game is too ******* boring" for $1000, Alex.

• Winner
Reactions: Cyclonesrule91

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL
At least in football, when a play is happening there are actually multiple players all moving. In baseball the pitcher moves, the batter moves (or stands there), then the catcher moves. Lots more action during football play.

Also in baseball almost all of one of the teams (the team not on the field) is sitting down half the time. Boring is half the game!

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
I like the MLB postseason becasue then the "chess match" stuff and strategy are more in line with the stakes, but the regular season is entirely too long. The NBA suffers from a similar problem. The difference between the two is that there's more consistent movement and action in an NBA game. There's too much standing around and waiting in a typical MLB game. The average length of a game isn't the issue. If something is interesting then I generally don't have a problem committing 3-4 hours of time on a weekend or evening. But the pace of play...good grief.

Bader

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2007
Ankeny
It's not that baseball is slow, it's that the defense controls the ball and thus devotes all their time trying to prevent anything exciting from happening.

Imagine if basketball consisted of periods where the defense stood around the 3 point line playing a game of keep away with one offensive player getting three chances to intercept the pass and score a bucket with 9 defenders collapsing on him.

They need to give more advantages to the offensive team, or they will never draw in more people. A 4 pitch walk should be 2 bases. Make it an even bigger penalty if the pitcher can't or won't put the ball in the strike zone. 3 hours of trying to catch the corners of the plate is not interesting.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
It's not that baseball is slow, it's that the defense controls the ball and thus devotes all their time trying to prevent anything exciting from happening.

Imagine if basketball consisted of periods where the defense stood around the 3 point line playing a game of keep away with one offensive player getting three chances to intercept the pass and score a bucket with 9 defenders collapsing on him.

They need to give more advantages to the offensive team, or they will never draw in more people. A 4 pitch walk should be 2 bases. Make it an even bigger penalty if the pitcher can't or won't put the ball in the strike zone. 3 hours of trying to catch the corners of the plate is not interesting.

Changes to the game? Forget it. The DH rule was implemented in the AL like fifty years ago and people still can't even get on board with that.

• Funny
Reactions: Bader

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Those that get bored during baseball, just do what you do at football, basketball or even hockey games. Sneak a peak at the cheerleaders or the dance squad. Something to check out during breaks in action.

4 cyclones

Jul 25, 2016
The only thing I've learned from this thread is there are alot of posters who found it too difficult to hit a 45mph fastball when they were 8, so they resort to bashing the greatest sport on earth.

Or to scared to even step in the box with a 90 mph ball flying anywhere near them.

• Winner
Reactions: NoCreativity

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
It might be tough for a few of you to wrap your heads around, but people can play a sport and not enjoy watching it.

I decided i didn’t care for baseball when in the outfield and found myself bored since it was a pitchers duel and there wasn’t any physical contact even. I didn’t go out the next season. It was more fun in the youth stuff when infielders let everything by them and you would get a lot of action.