MLB: ***Official 2024 Milwaukee Brewers: Season Thread***

Bocy

Nov 27, 2016
Central IA
Many thanks to @stormchaser2014 and @kentkel for their previous season threads. I didn't see a 2024 thread yet, so decided to create one.
My apologies if I missed any Brewers posters or fans!

@stormchaser2014 @kentkel @cyfanatic13 @Bubbahotep @ameslurker @Cardinal and Gold @CYEATHAWK @BigJCy @packattack425 @azhuth09 @BigJCy @delt4cy @TOFB4ISU @Cybyassociation @daniel22

2024 and the start of the MLB season is already upon us!
The NL Central is going to be a tight race this year, but I still think the Crew manages to win it.

Let's go Brew Crew!!

Last edited:

Bocy

Nov 27, 2016
Central IA
Do you get the television package to watch their games?
When I was younger, and had more time, I subbed and watched a lot of games on the MLB app.

Unfortunately, when I tried to sub again several years back, Brewers games were blocked due to the ridiculously stupid MLB blackout rules (blacked out for 6 teams in Ames!)

I would get it again if IA wasn't in the Brewer's blackout region/zone..

I do follow box scores and keep up with news and game summary sites like brewcrewball or reviewingthebrew, but when I actually watch the games, I have to resort to other streaming sites..

Bocy

Nov 27, 2016
Central IA
I completely forgot, thank you.

I say 82-80.

Also, New York, GET A ROOF MORANS.

Yeah, opening day really snuck up fast this year.

I probably should have just messaged you instead of creating the thread myself. Anyway, I'm thinking along the same lines, so I'll go with 84-78 (expect there will be better hitting, but worse pitching than last year)

1711663387164.png

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
Still peeved about the end of last season. From Big Woo's injury, to a decent lead in the 1st game against 'Zona being peed down our legs. And, then the Diamondbacks go on to make the WS. Death, Taxes, and Milwaukee losing to the eventual NL Champ or rep in the World Series. Okay, now that I got that out of the way --- Don't have super high expectations for this group, BUT I am excited to see how the new guys and additions to our team develop over the course of the year! Just wish Baseball would change their model to mirror the NBA or NFL in order to prevent "rich" teams like the Dodgers, Yanks, etc from buying a WS-contending team every stinking year!

• Agree
Reactions: Bocy

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
Great pitching and just enough offense today!! Go Crew!!!!

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
Still peeved about the end of last season. From Big Woo's injury, to a decent lead in the 1st game against 'Zona being peed down our legs. And, then the Diamondbacks go on to make the WS. Death, Taxes, and Milwaukee losing to the eventual NL Champ or rep in the World Series. Okay, now that I got that out of the way --- Don't have super high expectations for this group, BUT I am excited to see how the new guys and additions to our team develop over the course of the year! Just wish Baseball would change their model to mirror the NBA or NFL in order to prevent "rich" teams like the Dodgers, Yanks, etc from buying a WS-contending team every stinking year!

I think this group is going to surprise. I know.....easy to say in March. But Counsel as good as he was couldn't get this team over the hump come post season time injuries or not. Although young......they have some real talent this year at all positions not just a bunch of journeymen filling holes.

I'm not ready to give the central's crown to Counsel and the Cubs just yet.

Reactions: kentkel

Bocy

Nov 27, 2016
Central IA
Couldn't quite pull off the 5-0 record to start the season, and I know it's very early yet, but the team is certainly flashing some early potential/promise...

Turang with 6 stolen bases! already, and looks much more patient at the plate.
Hoskins and Yelich both with 2 homers each.
Chourio off to about as good of start as you could hope for for a rookie. He hit his first HR today, too!

ameslurker

Jan 21, 2013
I'm just intrigued by how the offense seems to be more alive this year so far. Obviously very early, but still ahead of prior years.

• Agree
Reactions: Bocy

Bocy

Nov 27, 2016
Central IA
I don't know about anyone else, but I'm having fun. Feels like Murph has the guys playing loose and free, no pressure.
Amen. Like you said, it seems they're playing loose and relaxed and having fun.

If I had to nitpick, it'd be about the injuries. They're getting hit with some bizarre ones (Wilken, Megill, Quero) and some impactful longer-term ones ( DWilliams, GMitchell).

Quero's injury is eerily reminiscent of Jimmy Nelson's back in 2017/18 (or whenever).

And lastly, am really, really hoping Yelich's back issues aren't the same thing that have nagged him past couple years or so, as he is/was off to an absolute tear this year!

Last edited:

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
Wow - nice comeback & then total domination in today's game. Need Hall to figure things out soon - starting pitching makes me nervous this year. Hope Rea can continue what he's started this year, but it will be a challenge going against a familiar face tomorrow - hopefully Burnes will have an "off" day!

Help Support Us

Become a patron