MLB: ***Official 2024 Milwaukee Brewers: Season Thread***

Bocy

Nov 27, 2016
Central IA
Freddy P looking sharp to begin the season, and is really starting to come into his own as the ace that the team needs/needed with the loss of Burnes & Woodruff.

Reactions: kentkel

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
Love the sweep - especially against a division foe - hopefully we keep it going in Pittsburgh! Gonna be an interesting May with all the pitcher injuries (and Yeli). Been impressed with Rea (native Iowan) so far. Actually, he was impressive as a spot starter last year. Hopefully he can maintain this consistency for the rest of the year - gonna need it without Burnes and Woodruff in our rotation!

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
Love the sweep - especially against a division foe - hopefully we keep it going in Pittsburgh! Gonna be an interesting May with all the pitcher injuries (and Yeli). Been impressed with Rea (native Iowan) so far. Actually, he was impressive as a spot starter last year. Hopefully he can maintain this consistency for the rest of the year - gonna need it without Burnes and Woodruff in our rotation!

Why I am so optimistic is unlike the last two seasons...........this group can score runs. They don't need an ace on the mound every night to squeak out a win.

They still have great defense, and the pitching might be off a tad without Burnes and Woodruff. But I think the ability to create offense more than covers.

And like I stated in a previous post......they have talent at all positions this season. Two deep most spots. Not 6 good position players then a couple of journeymen filling holes.

I know it's still April, but they are doing some good stuff without Yelich and Williams and I think this group has all it takes to go further than the last few Brewer offerings. Fingers crossed on more injuries.

Bocy

Nov 27, 2016
Central IA
Despite the loss and the hiccup on his first pitch of the game and of his career, yesterday was a promising big league debut from Tobias Myers.

There are several positives and reasons for optimism in the early season, but Turang's turnaround is the most impressive in my mind.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron