MLB: ***Official 2019 Chicago Cubs Season Thread***

tm3308

Jun 13, 2010
I've never been on the "Fire Joe" bandwagon, but if he *ever* bats Heyward leadoff again, he should be fired on the spot. Almost immediately after being moved from the top of the order, Heyward's slump came to an abrupt end.

tm3308

Jun 13, 2010
The strike three on Schwarber was close. The strike three to end the 8th I think to Kemp was brutal. Now the Cubs are up there looking at everything

This. Schwarber's was close enough that he probably should have been trying to fight it off. Kemp did everything exactly how you should do it and got screwed.

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
This. Schwarber's was close enough that he probably should have been trying to fight it off. Kemp did everything exactly how you should do it and got screwed.
JD said it and I agree but most of his bad calls come on "at bat deciding situations" which I think was a fancy way of saying "He likes the camera and likes to ring people up"

• Dislike
Reactions: VeloClone

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Unreal Cishek. Throw a ******* strike. Bottom of the order. Trash

HoustonClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
JD said it and I agree but most of his bad calls come on "at bat deciding situations" which I think was a fancy way of saying "He likes the camera and likes to ring people up"

Seems like he’s not ringing anyone up for Cishek.

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Seems like he’s not ringing anyone up for Cishek.
He wasn't even close. That was disgusting. I think tonight was the straw that broke the camel's back for the Cubs this season. God damn that was frustrating

HoustonClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
He wasn't even close. That was disgusting. I think tonight was the straw that broke the camel's back for the Cubs this season. God damn that was frustrating

Over and over and over again. Losing culture has pervaded the clubhouse. Sickening.

• Agree
Reactions: CYdTracked

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Funniest part is Cishek yelling at Joe to stay in the dugout when he started coming out to talk to the defense. Then proceeds to throw four not even close to competitive pitches. Piece of ****

HoustonClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Funniest part is Cishek yelling at Joe to stay in the dugout when he started coming out to talk to the defense. Then proceeds to throw four not even close to competitive pitches. Piece of ****

Something is wrong, big time. Shame on Cishek for that crap, but the machine is broken when that stuff happens. Ridiculously sad.

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
I've never been on the "Fire Joe" bandwagon, but if he *ever* bats Heyward leadoff again, he should be fired on the spot. Almost immediately after being moved from the top of the order, Heyward's slump came to an abrupt end.

Maybe professional hitters could just learn to adjust to batting in different spots in the batting order....crazy thought I know.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
At this point I'm about to wish the Cubs just miss the playoffs entirely now and rebuild this thing in the offseason. If they haven't got hot by now it's not going to happen for them at this point especially with the injuries right now to key players. 4 back in the division and just 1 up on the final wild card spot. Even if they make the wild card game I don't have confidence they'll win that game or even win a series if they did. This team is just so flawed and inconsistent right now as it is constructed.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Thank you, Chicago Cubs, for delivering me to football season with at least some level on intrigue. I can now shift my rooting interests to teams who are moderately enjoyable to follow and not the dumpster fire you have become.

Last night was it for me. I don't think I can watch anymore. It's also drained the last bit of Joe support out of me. This is the dude that loves to micromanage rosters and playing time. But somehow, with expanded rosters, he couldn't pull the trigger on replacing Cishek who would have somehow missed throwing the ball into the ocean last night. How do you watch that and say "let's see how that plays out." What's the point of having other members of your bullpen if there is no one you trust more than the guy who literally could not find a way to throw a strike.

Thank god for football. Cubs can wake me up when about 1/2 this roster is turned over.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Thank you, Chicago Cubs, for delivering me to football season with at least some level on intrigue. I can now shift my rooting interests to teams who are moderately enjoyable to follow and not the dumpster fire you have become.

Last night was it for me. I don't think I can watch anymore. It's also drained the last bit of Joe support out of me. This is the dude that loves to micromanage rosters and playing time. But somehow, with expanded rosters, he couldn't pull the trigger on replacing Cishek who would have somehow missed throwing the ball into the ocean last night. How do you watch that and say "let's see how that plays out." What's the point of having other members of your bullpen if there is no one you trust more than the guy who literally could not find a way to throw a strike.

Thank god for football. Cubs can wake me up when about 1/2 this roster is turned over.

Yeah there is no excuse for leaving Cishek in there in a tight spot and not throwing strikes when you have a fully stocked bullpen at your disposal with the September call ups. Granted they had already used up some of the best options by then but you still had Underwood, Hultzen, and Strop who threw on the 8th so they were all on a days rest and the 4 guys who threw the day before didn't throw a ton of pitches Wieck 6 Mills 14 Noorwood 16 Holland 17 and those last 3 guys are multi-inning type of guys too that can throw back to back days. Granted none of those guys invoke a ton of confidence in you either but it was obvious Cishek was struggling and when every game at this point should be treated as a must win you don't have time to let a reliever who can't find the strike zone try to figure it out in situation like that. Joe even said it himself after the game they need to treat every game that is left like a playoff game.

I'm pretty much under the assumption the day after the Cubs season ends it will be announced Joe is not coming back. This team has no identity and no consistency since they won it all in 2016. Still will always have a soft spot for Joe because of that magical season but I just don't see how they continue forward with him after this season given how things have gone since then. Part of that is on the front office too in how this roster is constructed but Joe has made plenty of managerial mistakes in that time period as well.

ReturnOfBC

Sep 10, 2019
How's the temperature down there Cubbies... Try not walking in more GWers against the freaking Padres...

HoustonClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
How's the temperature down there Cubbies... Try not walking in more GWers against the freaking Padres...

No, today they decided to do it another way. Had the guy coming in from third dead to rights and our pitcher air mailed it to Willson. I’ve seen better execution in Little League. What has become of the Cubs at the end of this year is just sad.

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
Can we get another round of voting on who thinks this is a top 5 team? Guessing we’ll have a few more on my side now.