No talk on ticket prices?

kberyldial

Mar 20, 2006
People... its really simple.

If my customers are willing to pay $1500 for season tickets... then I'm going to charge $1500 for season tickets. Break it down into single game prices and required donations all you want. Fact is, if you are not willing to pay that money then apparently there are others that will... regardless of the product that is put on the field.

Your voice can best be heard by simply not buying a ticket. I'm sure Pollard will get the message when the program starts to lose money due to lack of fan support. But until that happens you can count on cost of enjoying Iowa State Football to go nowhere but up.

Its a sad, sad reality. Tis why I now hope for games to be on TV. I go to one home game and one away game each year... and I don't miss having season tickets whatsoever.

Sad reality? The sad reality is that we will remain a .500 or worse football program unless we do something. Standing pat and handing out cheap tickets to all comers isn't going to get it done. If people can't afford it then get cheaper seats or don't go. BUT, let's stop acting like it's one's inherent right to attend the football games. Or holding it against those that can and/or will do something to create change. I for one wish they wouldn't televise the home games at all. This isn't about YOU. Not being able to afford it is your problem not the football program's or mine. So go ahead and send Pollard your message by not buying tickets. You completely miss the point.

twojman

Jun 1, 2006
Clive
I for one wish they wouldn't televise the home games at all.

Are you BVD? This was the stance ISU was taking for the longest time and one of the dumbest things ever. Why would you limit your exposure to the 45K-50K in the stands and forfeit all the TV revenue and additional exposure. I sure hope you never become the AD! :confused::eek::no:

kberyldial

Mar 20, 2006
Are you BVD? This was the stance ISU was taking for the longest time and one of the dumbest things ever. Why would you limit your exposure to the 45K-50K in the stands and forfeit all the TV revenue and additional exposure. I sure hope you never become the AD! :confused::eek::no:

I don't think you have to worry about me becoming AD. Nor do I really hope they blackout the games. But I do have an issue with this subset of "fans" that are making their stand against Pollard by not going based on price. Or are they? Or are they the perpetual bitchers that would complain no matter the price? You either can afford it or you can't. So if you can and you choose not to then you miss the point of what we're trying to accomplish. If you trully can't then that's too bad. Enjoy the game from the sofa.

MontyBurns

Jan 27, 2008
Putting as many basketball and football games as possible on tv all across the state back in the 70's is how Iowa created so many fans in Iowa. The vast majority of them never graduated from or even attended Iowa of course, but they created so many fans that a .500 football team can sell out their stadium year after year.

BVD was an idiot, at least regarding television. You don't create demand for your product by keeping it secret from everyone.

dunar

Aug 31, 2007
West Des Moines, IA
Well, I just bit down hard and mailed in my renewal form for 2 tickets with a check for $1120. Ouch!

Did that include something besides tickets/parking/media guide? Tickets run $350 each, right? I did our renewal (or since our seats no longer exist, our new tickets...) this week: 4 seats, 2 media guides, and parking (plus processing) and ended up just over $1500. That doesn't include the NCC membership, but I got 2 packets with 1 form in each (even though the cover letter from JP was exactly the same in both...)

cloneaholic

Apr 20, 2006
Did that include something besides tickets/parking/media guide? Tickets run $350 each, right? I did our renewal (or since our seats no longer exist, our new tickets...) this week: 4 seats, 2 media guides, and parking (plus processing) and ended up just over $1500. That doesn't include the NCC membership, but I got 2 packets with 1 form in each (even though the cover letter from JP was exactly the same in both...)

My $1120 included $500 donation, plus $600 for two tickets ($300 each for faculty/staff), plus $20 processing fee (which is rediculous).