NO FANS AT CYCLONE GAMES?

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I agree with this. I simply don't think this disease is serious enough to essentially give the government martial law powers. I hear people talking that they may force people to wear masks for YEARS. Masks are uncomfortable and have a huge negative effect on one's ability to enjoy whatever activities the engaged in.

Yeah the grocery store was just so much fun before I started wearing a mask.

Cyclad

Apr 12, 2006
Interesting
I am not particularly pleased with the silence from the B12 - although I understand it. I do not think playing a full schedule is a good move. I think the B10 and P12 have it right - for now. They can create rules that everybody must comply with. I still think, given the trajectory of the virus, that the season will be cancelled. I fail to see how you can manage through illness of players and staff. But $ may prevail. Ever since we joined the confederacy, my faith in the league doing the right thing has been diminished.

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
I'm with you on this face diaper BS, but trying to get back on topic..........if JP said "hey everyone, I know it's a pain in the butt......but everyone where a mask and let's fill the Jack UP!".......I would consider it. You know Menards won't allow you in without a face diaper. I haven't been in since they issued that statement. But I do order online and enjoy curb/yard pickup. They have their requirements....but respect my look on the issue. It's not that difficult.

"Face diaper" wasn't funny the first time it was used.

I live in the middle of a mid size U.S. city. I walk to the grocery store, coffee shop, etc. I have a relatively active social life. I run outside 3-4 times a week. People here dine outside, hang out at the park, go to friends' houses for dinner, etc. Last night looked like a pre-covid Friday night in my neighborhood. The only difference was people kept their distance and wore a mask when required.

I wear a mask for approximately 3 hours a week. It's not hard. It doesn't make you less of a man. Nobody is laughing at you. Get over yourself.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

I live in the middle of a mid size U.S. city. I walk to the grocery store, coffee shop, etc. I have a relatively active social life. I run outside 3-4 times a week. People here dine outside, hang out at the park, go to friends' houses for dinner, etc. Last night looked like a pre-covid Friday night in my neighborhood. The only difference was people kept their distance and wore a mask when required.

I wear a mask for approximately 3 hours a week. It's not hard. It doesn't make you less of a man. Nobody is laughing at you. Get over yourself.

Think of all the things people wear and do to show their pride or unity for certain things and how loud they are about it, but when it comes down to wearing something for 20 minutes to actually do the work to help others, that unity is nowhere to be found.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
After last night's Indy race at the Iowa Speedway, I'm feeling a little more confident we might be able to pull off like 10-15k at Jack Trice.

The Iowa Speedway seats 30k, but only sold 5k tickets last night from what I understand. And they required the small groups of people to sit in their reserved seats, and from the photo below, it looks like people actually obeyed it.... look how well they are spaced out.

If people can do this in Jack Trice AND wear masks.... it just might be doable? But you can't do it with 30k though. It's going to need to be around 10-15k IMO.

upload_2020-7-18_12-38-15.png

Reactions: Doc

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
Think of all the things people wear and do to show their pride or unity for certain things and how loud they are about it, but when it comes down to wearing something for 20 minutes to actually do the work to help others, that unity is nowhere to be found.

Yes, I will wear my cardinal and gold overalls with gusto. But a mask?! How embarrassing

Reactions: Doc

Cyclad

Apr 12, 2006
After last night's Indy race at the Iowa Speedway, I'm feeling a little more confident we might be able to pull off like 10-15k at Jack Trice.

The Iowa Speedway seats 30k, but only sold 5k tickets last night from what I understand. And they required the small groups of people to sit in their reserved seats, and from the photo below, it looks like people actually obeyed it.... look how well they are spaced out.

If people can do this in Jack Trice AND wear masks.... it just might be doable? But you can't do it with 30k though. It's going to need to be around 10-15k IMO.

View attachment 73671
I agree. They may need to do like Illinois and ban tailgating too. All the things I enjoy. But, it’s a insignificant sacrifice given the mess we are in.

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007

The only difference was people kept their distance and wore a mask when required.

No..............it's funny every time it's used.

"When required"? Well.....that was sort of the point. Menards "requires" I do it if I want to enter......but will still do business with me if I don't? They don't care how I conduct business....why should you?

Good for you if those 3 hours of masking a week make you feel more a man. Like Fred said on this very site........I go to the doctor.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM

I’ll wear 12 different rubber bracelets supporting various causes on my wrist but I won’t wear a mask no way un-uh no how no way.

Reactions: madguy30

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
Special thanks to geniuses like @Raiders70, @CYEATHAWK, @ArgentCy and @Cyrealist we won't all be able to enjoy college football or really any sporting events for the foreseeable future.

A mask for two months and this could've been over already and everything under control but unfortunately Americans allow stupid people to try to make decisions on their own.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Here's a quick article from CNBC. Good read, but probably not a ton of new stuff for people following closely.

Article does hint at the brutal possibilities of universities missing out on more than 10 times the dollar amount of what athletic programs may lose.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/07/18/wil...hat-a-lost-season-means-for-ncaa-economy.html

Good read, really good. I guess I really mean "bad" but well presented. Learned more about how this is and could affect ISU in a national article by a New York based journalist than 10 articles from the local beat hacks. He really gave Pollard a lot of ink in making his national point, maybe because the reporter is a guy who writes a lot about sports busine$$ and Pollard isn't afraid to talk about such things and can talk about them credibility.

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
Good read, really good. I guess I really mean "bad" but well presented. Learned more about how this is and could affect ISU in a national article by a New York based journalist than 10 articles from the local beat hacks. He really gave Pollard a lot of ink in making his national point, maybe because the reporter is a guy who writes a lot about sports busine$$ and Pollard isn't afraid to talk about such things and can talk about them credibility.
I've always thought local journalism was a key thing, but relative to sports the media in Iowa is really, really bad.

CloneJD

May 14, 2020
How can you be this dense?

I don't know about ending the pandemic in a month, but yes, if we all wore masks, we could significantly curtail the spread of the virus. If we all wore masks and kept 6 feet apart, we could end it much sooner than wearing no masks and not keeping 6 feet apart. How is this so hard to understand? It's not one extreme or the other. Masks aren't a panacea, but they help a lot. Why would you not want to help? Pride?
Hi Dan! Say hello to Erin from us.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron