New Uniforms

CP44

Nov 27, 2006
but thats not our tradition, and most all these teams also then wear white pants or something. ill admit it would look good on our away jerseys but not for me, ok?

Part of this stems from the "cheese it" this is what I want and blah blah blah..

ok?

RING4CY

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2010
Ames, IA
Good luck telling the home team that they are going to wear white. They get first preference.
Yes and no. The home does have to agree to it, but it doesn't mean they have to wear white. Both teams can wear dark/home jerseys, as long as the home team agrees to it in writing and the colors of the two jerseys contrast enough.

Kansas could wear their blue jerseys this weekend, while Iowa State wears their home-cardinal jerseys.

Nebraska could not wear their home red jerseys next week in Ames, as it does not contrast enough from Iowa State's home jerseys.

Flag Guy

Mar 2, 2007
Gold on Gold could work... but I'd be suprised to see it for Kansas. Could be a Homecoming thing I guess

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
gopher_web0913.gif

Probably would look close to this ^^^^^^^^

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
I have heard that the Cyclones will be sporting brand new GOLD uniforms this saturday against Kansas. They will be wearing the cardinal helmets along with the gold pants. Has anyone else heard about this and/or what are your thoughts about it?

You both probably should have kept it to yourself.

IAC1858

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 1, 2008
Ankeny, IA
if you look at the table at the begining of the new football website's tour of the equipment room, you will see what, at first glance looks like a pair of gold pants, while at closer glance it has numbers on it. Check this out and post back what you think. the new site is www.istatefb.com

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
I don't really care but it would have been cool to watch the team walk out with a completely different look. Maybe I will get hammered and forget about it and still be surprised. Well, I will get hammered, but only maybe forget.

cyclones122

Oct 3, 2009
Arlington, VA
if you look at the table at the begining of the new football website's tour of the equipment room, you will see what, at first glance looks like a pair of gold pants, while at closer glance it has numbers on it. Check this out and post back what you think. the new site is www.istatefb.com

I agree, those are definitely gold jerseys. I'm surprised they wouldn't wear them for the Nebraska game as part of a golden rules day or something. Seems like a waste to me to wear them for a game that isn't even televised.

Nedrick

Mar 21, 2006
Carroll, IA
www.jdesignllc.com

Keep in mind, that video was shot before the season started.

Now, if they did gold jerseys and red pants, may work better IMO.

JUKEBOX

Oct 27, 2008
I agree, those are definitely gold jerseys. I'm surprised they wouldn't wear them for the Nebraska game as part of a golden rules day or something. Seems like a waste to me to wear them for a game that isn't even televised.

Can't see it.