Iowa State Uniform Discussions

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
Good: No naked looking beige pants in this round.

Bad: While I understand it's a template, the stripes do nothing for me, and on the white specifically, they just seem so random and bold. They also have some sort of vinyl like look that seems odd.

I know it wasn't going to happen, but I'd be a HUGE fan of being able to move the Trice Logo to the place where the new horizontal stripes are. The Trice Stripes are just now starting to get some recognition and adding these horizontal stripes don't really add anything.

• Agree
Reactions: cyfanatic

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
The all white away unis aren't as cool and really look cheap. But the home uniforms are much better, which is more important.
They aren't bad though, and they are consistent with the set.

Some might miss the old collar on the previous white jersey (those were nice), but we have the cardinal and gold sleeve stripes, which are more prominent now, and the shoulder board numbers (good change I think).

Let these rock for a few years, then time for another change, haha.

And the white jerseys were the only ones paired with the new gold pants. Interesting. I have to think we will rock the gold pant with the cardinal jersey at some point.

• Agree
Reactions: bgprest

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
The back of the home uniforms look sweet with the name and number in white and the added space without the "Iowa State" on the front. Jerseys with single digit numbers will look better than double digits. Noel's 13 looks so cheap on the front.

The W/C/W is too much white with the all white pants. I hope C/C/W is our primary home look.

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016

Some might miss the old collar on the previous white jersey (those were nice), but we have the cardinal and gold sleeve stripes, which are more prominent now, and the shoulder board numbers (good change I think).

And the white jerseys were the only ones paired with the new gold pants. Interesting. I have to think we will rock the gold pant with the cardinal jersey at some point.

I was wondering about that as well. It looks intentional that that combo wasn't included, so maybe not. Would have a chance with a gold helmet.

Reactions: bgprest

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Anybody notice the 'white font' nameplate on the cardinal jersey? I think that's a miss. It should be gold. They have gold 'Iowa State' on the front, and white names on the back? Really?

Reactions: SolarGarlic

Cloned4Life

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 5, 2006
Ankeny
The back of the home uniforms look sweet with the name and number in white and the added space without the "Iowa State" on the front. Jerseys with single digit numbers will look better than double digits. Noel's 13 looks so cheap on the front.

The W/C/W is too much white with the all white pants. I hope C/C/W is our primary home look.
Yeah some of the numbers look stretched. Which is concerning. Nike did this in ~2014 when we had to update to their new template at that time (and they stretched our shoulder strikes down past the armpits - that, and the horrible disfigured font numbers) make those jerseys embarrassing.

• Agree
Reactions: ISpyCy

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
I was wondering about that as well. It looks intentional that that combo wasn't included, so maybe not. Would have a chance with a gold helmet.
We will just keep the pressure on. Randy will ask him about it each gameday.

Wait. :)

ClubCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2023
Wish the shoulder stripes were more subtle. I can see it looking just….white on tv. If you’re gonna do shoulder stripes why not stripes on the pants? @t-noah had beautiful multi color stripes that were subtle in his mocks.

Nor'easter

Sep 25, 2016

Yeah I'm really gonna miss the collar on the white unis, unique just like the shoulder stripes, and number font, all unique to Iowa State. Now it's just a generic uniform, the only piece of flair on the uniform are the generic shoulder stripes. Oh well.

I wonder if nike told us we had to change the uni since we're going to the new series of uniform templates and they didn't want/couldn't do the previous design on this new template?

beentherebefore

Nov 24, 2007
Never gonna please everyone no matter what changes are made or not made.

I would like to see a gold helmet. But since we have not seen gold pants for several years, this may be a nice compromise.

Maybe one "special" uniform will be worn this year and certainly a possibility for the game in Ireland in 2025.

Cloned4Life

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 5, 2006
Ankeny
Those just distract and because they don't have a transition point and rather just a blunt start/stop point, they look out of place.
I guess I’m not following. This specific shoulder design has been on uniforms forever. Likely dating back 70 years or more. The stripes never have a “start/stop”, unless at the bottom as part of the elastic/tip.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Just more red and yellow
Haha. Yes there will be some complaining about the current gold/yellow. I like it in moderation. I don't think our yellow works well with large color swaths (pant, jersey, or helmet), but these gold pants will be ok for now.

On to the next uniform evolution, adding a darker gold!

Reactions: cycloneML

Cloned4Life

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 5, 2006
Ankeny
Yeah I'm really gonna miss the collar on the white unis, unique just like the shoulder stripes, and number font, all unique to Iowa State. Now it's just a generic uniform, the only piece of flair on the uniform are the generic shoulder stripes. Oh well.

I wonder if nike told us we had to change the uni since we're going to the new series of uniform templates and they didn't want/couldn't do the previous design on this new template?
The number font is the same and hasn’t changed - the font itself is still unique to Iowa State. Only difference is they (thankfully) removed that weird swirl thing, which never made any sense, and has never been used anywhere else, on any of our other jerseys in any other sport.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
I guess I’m not following. This specific shoulder design has been on uniforms forever. Likely dating back 70 years or more. The stripes never have a “start/stop”, unless at the bottom as part of the elastic/tip.
Sorry, not implying it's new. But on the Cardinal and White base jerseys, the stripes just look so distracting. Agree, they have always been similar to this whenever they've been used.

Draf

Jun 8, 2017
I like this home combo they came up with. May look cool with gold pants with stripes as well. Way to go Nike and ISU — not too shabby.

Attachments

• 2024 home combo favorite.png
    2024 home combo favorite.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 108