New Uniforms Revealed

cykadelic2

Jun 10, 2006
It HAS to be the 5-bar logo on the arms, not horizontal stripes that mean nothing. Lets start building some consistency and brand recognition. People outside of CF are just learning what the 5-bar logo means and that it's related to ISU.... so of course we want to pass up an opportunity to put it very prominently on the shoulder plads instead of some crappy ass stripes.

/passionate preach
I think the vast majority agree that Trice stripes as depicted in Post 8477 would be ideal but the obstacle is whether or not the Nike sweatshops can accommodate a one off design like that for ISU only.

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
It HAS to be the 5-bar logo on the arms, not horizontal stripes that mean nothing. Lets start building some consistency and brand recognition. People outside of CF are just learning what the 5-bar logo means and that it's related to ISU.... so of course we want to pass up an opportunity to put it very prominently on the shoulder plads instead of some crappy ass stripes.

/passionate preach
It's definitely not. Look at the pictures.

We have the Trice bars patch on the current unis, which I assume will be in the same spot on the new uniforms.

Last edited:

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
I'm cautiously optimistic they will be a big improvement... but not holding my breath.

The only thing we've been shown so far is just the stripes, correct? Everything else that's been on here is just what fans think they might look like. Like the white numbers for instance. We don't know for sure if that will be the case yet, right? I hope so. We desperately need white numbers on the cardinal jerseys.
Look at the pictures. It's clear that the numbers are white.

Reactions: ClonesUpNorth

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
These are a little busy for my tastes but still sweet. I think it's the plain pants with no design and then multiple design elements on the jersey that doesn't add up.

I don't love our gold, but the one place it works is on a helmet with cardinal facemask. I like the white border on the tornado. Campbell needs to get over the aversion to gold because that helmet is fantastic.

amestoplease

Jan 30, 2012
These are a little busy for my tastes but still sweet. I think it's the plain pants with no design and then multiple design elements on the jersey that doesn't add up.

I don't love our gold, but the one place it works is on a helmet with cardinal facemask. I like the white border on the tornado. Campbell needs to get over the aversion to gold because that helmet is fantastic.
i felt the same, actually, which is why i removed the helmet stripe, the pant stripe, and the stripe on the collar. there actually isn't a whole lot going on here. because of the pose of the athlete in this particular mock i think seeing the trice stripes on the shoulder right next to the funnel logo on the helmet is creating a weird thing that makes it feel busy.

• Agree
Reactions: cyclones500

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
Lions were suppose to release their new uniforms later today but of course they got leaked. Subtle changes, but I like what I have seen so far. Reminds me of Barry Sanders era:

Those are SHARP.

I suppose they can't use the new blue helmets with them(?) Can't keep track of alt-helmet rules. Cuz that would look fantastic.

It should look great w/ the standard helmet, too, don't get me wrong.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
i felt the same, actually, which is why i removed the helmet stripe, the pant stripe, and the stripe on the collar. there actually isn't a whole lot going on here. because of the pose of the athlete in this particular mock i think seeing the trice stripes on the shoulder right next to the funnel logo on the helmet is creating a weird thing that makes it feel busy.
I agree the tornado mixed w/ Trice might be awkward combo. Also agree with some comments from @SolarGarlic.

But it has positive aspects.

If you have time, possible adjustment: remove the cardinal background on the sleeve leaving just the trice gold stripes, and use I-State logo on the gold helmet. Otherwise leave the rest intact. (Maybe shoes/socks could be other than white, but that would be secondary step).

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
Those are SHARP.

I suppose they can't use the new blue helmets with them(?) Can't keep track of alt-helmet rules. Cuz that would look fantastic.

Teams can have 2 helmets and in fact I believe teams that are making uniform changes for this upcoming season are now allowed to have 3 helmets.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Lions were suppose to release their new uniforms later today but of course they got leaked. Subtle changes, but I like what I have seen so far. Reminds me of Barry Sanders era:

Can’t wait to get anothet Montgomery jersey in one of these later this year; undecided if it will be blue or black.

These are fantastic.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Those are SHARP.

First, NFL teams can do 3 helmets now supposedly.

Second, I would guess they would go with black with the black jersey.

• Informative
Reactions: cyclones500

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
I think the vast majority agree that Trice stripes as depicted in Post 8477 would be ideal but the obstacle is whether or not the Nike sweatshops can accommodate a one off design like that for ISU only.
You also have to realize ISU trademarked the Trice stripe logo. So they will probably not change it or alter it in any way that might cause issues with the trademark.

You cant, alter trademark logos, even a color change that is not registered as part of the trademark will cause issues. And could cause the trademark to not be enforceable.

Reactions: beentherebefore